Sign in to follow this  
palestofwhite

Best setup for NS use?

i used ex71 and a creative muvo in tekong... SQ isnt great... but at least it isnt an expensive setup... u never know what kind of bunk mates u might end up with... your stuff kena stolen damn sian... (there was actually a section mate who was a thief... but thankfully he didnt steal any of my stuff)

im still serving NS, second year. My setup now is actually UM2 + Cowon A2. Ah... the joys of being a sergeant and having no love or social life ^_^

It was stated on the list we're advised to bring a receiver. So i'd like something decent to pair along with my sony digital reciever. Maybe a Sony E888, Senn MX500 or the AKG K14P ?

My company Pegusus, still got quite alot of free time to listen to music. I intro-ed my EP-630s to my buddy who's using a shuffle and thinks that I-buds are the best in the world. The look on his face when he heard my EP-630 was well... You have to see it for yourself lah :P

Wait till he sees or learns about the rest of our gears :D

Dun say i say one...

Get a small flash based player... and get a cheapo non camera phone like 8250 or whatever. Also get a handphone pouch. Place mp3 player + handphone into pouch.

When at the SAF ferry terminal... the part where they scan your belongings and make u walk thru the metal detector, put your handphone pouch in the basket and just walk thru. Collect ur goods at the other end without fear of them being scanned.... (I used to do that everytime i booked in... XD)

My company Pegusus, still got quite alot of free time to listen to music. I intro-ed my EP-630s to my buddy who's using a shuffle and thinks that I-buds are the best in the world. The look on his face when he heard my EP-630 was well... You have to see it for yourself lah :P

It is the usually stunned look or something more funny ?

Hmmm... Imagine someone has been using Bose for as long as he can remember, spending thousands along the way. Suddenly one day someone gives him a pair of say, maybe a MS1 or a Senn HD650 if you will. Imagine the look on his face when he realises the truth! Epiphany would be a good word to describe. :P

Dun say i say one...

Get a small flash based player... and get a cheapo non camera phone like 8250 or whatever. Also get a handphone pouch. Place mp3 player + handphone into pouch.

When at the SAF ferry terminal... the part where they scan your belongings and make u walk thru the metal detector, put your handphone pouch in the basket and just walk thru. Collect ur goods at the other end without fear of them being scanned.... (I used to do that everytime i booked in... XD)

Nowadays still have to take this kinda precaution? I did that, but only because my MP3 player has a USB jack. Apparently camera phones and MP3 players are allowed, as long as they don't have USB jacks. (Oh yeah, like we really want to run off with classified information like Recruit XXX has hairy nipples). So yeah, just get yourself an MP3 player without a USB jack. Me, I'm gonna bring my K750 in.

Edited by aegisofrime

Still thinks it's not safe for the first time, that's why i'm just gonna bring a reciever. However i'm looking for earbuds instead of bringing my UM1. Cause i wanna know whats happening around me. Should be getting the E888 soon.

wait no usb jack then how to get the music into the player in the first place?

or isit players with mini-usb ports not allowed, but proprietary like ipod can?

Yup mini-usb ports allowed. They don't allow those that you can plug directly into the computer. Like my Sergeants said, normal iPods are allowed, but not Shuffles.

wait no usb jack then how to get the music into the player in the first place?

or isit players with mini-usb ports not allowed, but proprietary like ipod can?

Yup mini-usb ports allowed. They don't allow those that you can plug directly into the computer. Like my Sergeants said, normal iPods are allowed, but not Shuffles.

oh, i get it...

those cool tube sony ones are out then? (btw they cause ghey hiss with my um1, i tried out my friend's)

get something with long batt life?

Hey another Foxtrot'er as well. Dec 2003 - March 2004.

I used ex71s back then, but I remember the cables were so flimsy, it snapped after frequent putting in and taking out of the locker drawer....

i think the u3 + um1 is a good combo. but yes the damn iem's might cause you not to hear things around so they might be a bad idea for in-camp use. but good on the mrt or bus trips haha. i use the koss ksc75 when im in camp. :)

Best to use something cheap and disposable while in BMT or any training like SISPECT, OCS. Can always upgrade to something better when you know where you're posted and how loboh you will be. During my time ... no DAP, still using discman :D

well, best to get cheap players. Those that can tahan you through your route marches, in the middle of the night turn outs & of course your outfield trips in Marsiling, Lim chu kang and tekong.. especially all those star navexs around tekong, woodcutters trail and .85

Edited by viix