Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

Better utilisation

Hi guys,

need some advise here. I have a dvd player as my source to my head amp. on the same table itself, there is my computer and the lcd monitor. I would like to check out if its possible for the dvd player to connect to the lcd monitor on days where i wanna watch dvd thru the player.

If you want a hardward solution, there are boxes available which can convert the video output from DVD player to VGA for the LCD monitor. I think the cost is S$100-200.

If you want a hardward solution, there are boxes available which can convert the video output from DVD player to VGA for the LCD monitor. I think the cost is S$100-200.

Thanks for the info...

heady i am still getting the stuff from u. do keep them for me..

have ordered the chips and is waiting for them to come .

I believe there are adapters for this purpose. Some forumers at xtremeplace use DVI-VGA adapters for connection to their projectors. Sim Lim is the place to shop. It really depends on the output (dvd) and input (pc/tv) connectors. It could be as simple as an adapter or a more costly converter. Google search for the various solutions.

Example

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI_monitor_cables.html

Edited by Mackie

Thanks for the info...

OT-

No prob. Will keep the stuff for you. I was not trying to sell those items anyway, was keeping them for a rainy day. But never mind, if it makes someone happy, also can.

Edited by heady

Thanks for the info...

OT-

No prob. Will keep the stuff for you. I was not trying to sell those items anyway, was keeping them for a rainy day. But never mind, if it makes someone happy, also can.

Alright thanks, will contact you again when the chips arrive..

By the way, what is the LD player model? For instance, a Pioneer LD-909/919 has a pretty good transport.

By the way, what is the LD player model? For instance, a Pioneer LD-909/919 has a pretty good transport.

You mean my player..?

Its a Philips DVD player, it claim to have 24bit DAC/192khz.. don really understand these specs though.

I mean your LD player - Laser Disc player, not DVD player. If you intend to get a DAC or DAC headamp, try using the LD player as transport. It might sound good.

Edited by Mackie

I mean your LD player - Laser Disc player, not DVD player. If you intend to get a DAC or DAC headamp, try using the LD player as transparent. It might sound good.

All along i have been using the DVD player as the source. Perhaps that will be later or i might as well get a CDP instead.