Sign in to follow this  
wil

Pre-amp + Little dot 2 amp

I am gonna get the LD2+ amp, and was thinking if i could just plug it into my speaker setup. I'll just plug in the ICs that are connected to my power amp now, using the LD2 as a power amp and controling the volume via my preamp. The thought of listening to vinyl on headphones is a very tempting one, however i would like to have the convience of my digital setup as well.

Current (speaker) setup

Vinyl / Digital setup -> adcom 750 preamp - > Sun audio 2a3 - > speakers

If i put in the LD2+, it should look like this...

Vinyl / Digital setup - > adcom 750 preamp - > LD2+ - > headphones.

Should be alright, right?

thanks!

Does your pre-amp have a tape loop or audio output? Sorry, I out of touch with hifi these days. If got tape loop or output, I think can try:

Vinyl / Digital setup -> adcom 750 preamp - > Sun audio 2a3/LD2+ (Via tape loop) - > speakers/headphones.

It could work. Tape loop or audio outputs should be line level. Not pre-outs, so you control the vol for headphones on LD2 and vol for speakers on your preamp. The set-up for your power amp and speakers remain the same. Connected via a pair of pre-puts I presume?

Below is a PDF instructions for a Creek headamp. It contains some wiring instructions. Give you more idea.

http://www.creekaudio.co.uk/products/produ...tions/obh21.pdf

Thanks bro,

I will give it a shot...looks possible to me!

You're welcome. :P This way, you retain your speaker set-up and just add in a pair of IC to a tape/audio output and to LD2+. I hope it works for you. If your tape/audio output is functioning, I think it will work.

Edit:

Tape loops comes in a pair of input and output;

To be sure, make sure non of your sources are connected to the tape input. Make use of other inputs like CD, Radio, AUX etc.

Edited by afbug

Yeaaaaaaaaaa.

Finally getting back into headphones again.

I love my speaker setup, just that i need something for late nite listening.

I still remb the lovely sound my Grado 325i + Cayin HA-1A made..

Hopely to get that sound again with the LD2+ and Alessandro MS2i.

*evil grin*

Oh yea, since i have 2 sources, how do i switch btw them if its connected to tape out?

Tape out is very similar to pre-outs. Its just that tape out is at line level. (no vol control) So lets say you have 2 sources; CDP and Radio/Tuner (Connected to their respective inputs) playing at the same time and they're connected to your pre-amp. When you select the CD input on your pre-amp, you'll hear only your CDP although the radio is still on right? If you switch to radio, you'll hear only the radio even though the CDP is still playing. You can hook-up 10 sources to an amp and the pre-out/tape out will only play/output THE source that you selected.

That means, tape out, like your pre-out is continueously outputting (Is there such a word?!) audio from whichever source (that is playing/switched on) you selected.

Ok, I might be wrong but this is what I know and understand. :P I certainly hope your pre-amp is designed this way.

ARGH! i realised my mistake....its tape OUT anyway,not tape IN.

So selection of any source will still be done the normal way.....

silly me!

Oh yea, since i have 2 sources, how do i switch btw them if its connected to tape out?

Dont think it can drive speakers...it doesnt even have speaker binding posts...

wil, you realise you just quote yourself? :P

zer061zer0, I don't think the LD2+ can drive speakers. I don't know if the LD2+'s output is at line level or if its a pre-out. If it is a preout, you MIGHT be able to drive a pair of speakers provided the LD2+ have enough power and you have a RCA to speaker wire interconnect. (Seriously, I dun even know if its possible)

If its a line out, you can connect it to a pair of active speakers I guess.

I'm not sure how the output of the LD2+ functions.

Goodness.

whatever has happened to me....lol.

wil, you realise you just quote yourself? :P

zer061zer0, I don't think the LD2+ can drive speakers. I don't know if the LD2+'s output is at line level or if its a pre-out. If it is a preout, you MIGHT be able to drive a pair of speakers provided the LD2+ have enough power and you have a RCA to speaker wire interconnect. (Seriously, I dun even know if its possible)

If its a line out, you can connect it to a pair of active speakers I guess.

I'm not sure how the output of the LD2+ functions.

I just realised how silly i was, i read the first post as

"if i put in the LD2+, it should look like this...

Vinyl / Digital setup - > adcom 750 preamp - > LD2+ - > SPEAKERS."

SILLY ME...

my ld2+ only works if i plug into my reciever's tape in. otherwise there will be no sound.

How is your set-up? Specify it. Where no sound? speakers no sound?

Your set-up is like this?

CDP -> LD2+ -> reciever -> speakers?

If its connected this way, LD2+ output to any input on your receiver will work i guess?

Edited by afbug