Sign in to follow this  
wil

Pre-amp + Little dot 2 amp

Yes that is correct connection model.

it wont work on any input only on tape in, the speakers will have no sound.

i also dont know why

Edited by haxyer

Strange. But tape in got sound la? If so, good enough?

You connect CDP output to LD2+'s input and then LD2+'s output to receiver's CD input = no sound from speakers? Remember to select the CD input button on your receiver.

Or you can try the method I suggested to wil? Hopefully can work. I'm sure your receiver got a tape loop/output.

ya no sound, only tape in got sound and its good enough. lol

ya got tape output also, if i use the tape output, am i pre amping the LD2+ using the receiver ?

Sort of. :P Try connecting all your sources to your receiver, then use the tape out to your LDM+. This is the ideal set-up if you got multiple source and using speakers I think. If you use your headphones/LD2+ mainly, then use the config you're using now as I think that less components in the audio chain is better. Go direct from CDP to LD2+ and the rest is secondary.

In theory wil can:

Vinyl / Digital setup - > adcom 750 preamp - > LD2+ - > poweramp - > Speakers and headphones.

This set-up adds the LD2+ in the loop and for me, I'll prefer the previous set-up I suggested as the LD2+ is not in the poweramp/speaker loop. And I also dunno the LD2+'s output is a line out or pre-out. In theory, it should be a line-out but I dunno la, sometimes amp designers can have funny ideas. :P

These are the few hook-ups I can think of. You can ask those more into Hifi for advise for the best possible hook-up.

Short signal path sounds best and so is the simple approach in connecting your setup. If you have a speakers system and also wish to listen to all your sources via a headamp+cans, connect the headamp to <tape out> of the pre-amp/integrated amp/receiver.

Edited by Mackie

I was told impedence matching ( esp in SS amps ), is impt when connecting the headamp to the tape out.

Well, someone is pulling a fast one on you. Impedance matching is a key consideration between pre-amp and power amp as it affects gain. It's a prevalent standard that all line input has high impedance (47Kohms for solid state) and output has low impedance. This applies to sacd, cd, tuner, aux, line in/out, tape in/tape out etc.

Edited by Mackie

Ah....ok.

Thanks for clearing that out.

I didnt know it at first, but having the option of including my headphone amp into my speaker setup without removing any cables is a neat trick!

I didnt know it at first, but having the option of including my headphone amp into my speaker setup without removing any cables is a neat trick!

No removing of cables, just add a pair of IC from tape out to LD2+ input and you should be able to enjoy both speaker and headphone set up. :cans:

If your preamp have 2 sets of tape loop, lagi best! You can add another headamp or some other gadget! :party:

Waa lao, what I wanted to tell you can be summerised into 1 short sentence! Realised it after posting so much. lol.

I was told impedence matching ( esp in SS amps ), is impt when connecting the headamp to the tape out.

i saw a headphone out on one of cary's 300b SETs..

not getting franky to mod a headphone out on the 2A3? :X

i saw a headphone out on one of cary's 300b SETs..

not getting franky to mod a headphone out on the 2A3? :X

I rather my Sun remain untouched.....lol.

Edited by wil