Sign in to follow this  
stormfall

Cans For Games/Movies - Recommend Senns?

My Zalman Zm-RS6F hinge broke (it's 3 years old) and i'm now shopping for a replacement (unless someone can tell me where to buy a replacement Zalman). I need a headset for my PC and I'll be using it largely to play games and watch movies. PC has an audigy (not x-fi) and it'd be cool if the headset can be used in gaming (positionality is important). I've excluded the Creative Fatal1ty headset (bad reviews all over) and some of the Senns and these are the shortlisted ones not in any order:-

Everglide S-500 Gaming Headphone

Sennheiser HD555

Sennheiser HD595

Sennheiser HD280 Pro

I heard the HD555 at Challenger and was quite impressed by it. How does the HD555 perform against the HD280 Pro and the 595? Or do these perform poorly for games?

Any advice appreciated... I'm so confused now lol.

The Audio Technica ATH-A500/700/900 are said to be exceptional gaming headphones as well by the HF folks.

Do keep a lookout for them :)

i think u can get that AKG DJ cans at jaben.

my recommendation will be ATH-a500.

Another closed design option that costs less than $100 is Philips HP890. Do a search on this forum as this model was previouly discussed.

The Audio Technica ATH-A500/700/900 are said to be exceptional gaming headphones as well by the HF folks.

Do keep a lookout for them :)

I second this and I use the A900 for CS and other games, nice! But wearing them for longer period can be quite HOT, will get sweating easily..:yuck:

Just bought from bluetin the ATH-A900 at $262. Went to his home to pick it up and must say he's a friendly chap. Tested it at home and I agree with previous poster - it gets hot very fast (and I have the aircon on, small room WITH fan blowing at me). Amazing sound though. At that price I think I made the right choice, as opposed to dishing out more for the Senn HD595.

My CS/DOD:S both do not have sound at the moment (latest steam update broke win98 source games) so will have to wait until they fix that. But COD, BF1942 all sound really spiffy :)

Thanks for the recommendation!! Back to my hot cans (literally) :)

I second this and I use the A900 for CS and other games, nice! But wearing them for longer period can be quite HOT, will get sweating easily..:yuck:

Aron did mention replacing the pleather with velour padding. I think this should help with the heat issue, and make the A900 more comfy :)