Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Pro-ject Head Box - Headphone Amplifier

Pro-Ject Headbox

Tee, how about an update on this amp. It's been a while since you mentioned anything about this wonderful looking amp

Edited by N@Z

curious abt it too.

Last time I did ask him for comparison of it vs corda ha-1

He PMed me this before:

Hi N@Z,

while burning midnite oil to run-in the HeadBox, i find Pro-Ject HeadBox's transparency improving with even greater clarity for bass and high frequency. Reproducing heavy stuff such as synthesized music and Police's older tracks on my HD-560 is a breeze for HeadBox. And to make it sound even more electric, i hook up the source to Conrad Johnson PV10AL preamp before feeding he signals thru' HeadBox and Musicaliser, wow...further expansion of soundfield with increased timbre and reinforced bass, plus refinement at the vocals and more gentle HF roll-off. wink.gif

I'm curious whether he has listened to it on more headphones or gear.

i also want to know how the Pro-ject Head Box fares against HA-1.

PMed him 2 times but he didnt reply. mellow.gif

LOL! Babies?!

Hi Hi all,

I was busy on my works both here and overseas recently, and got into some problems in Indonesia.....hence the delay. Also, the arrival of Koss and G&W stuff has pulled my time away from the HeadBox. I promise to give it an update once more time is spent on running in. Certainly, HeadBox is used only for the headphone listening, but the CJ preamp was added on to tone the sound characteristics of the input to Musicaliser before feeding it to Beyer. However, as i add more items on the sound chain, i have to watch (or listen) out for the variation introduced by the interconnects, hence the fun and caution needed to optimise the system before making comments publicly. wink.gif

And when i substitute CJ with McIntosh preamp, the sonic change is significant....hence another permutation to be considered, along with other cans such as the Senn 560. wink.gif

Shame you didn't bring this along during the meet, maybe next one?

okie wink.gif