Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

my iAudio U3 got bricked.

my iAudio U3 just got bricked yesterday while i was upgrading the firmware. or should i say, after upgrading. i'm very sad now and i have to use my CD player. does anyone have a solution to this?

i'm going to send it to the service centre on saturday. thank god for warranty but i'm so sad about upgrading the firmware and getting it bricked.

i get it oso when i upgrade to 1.23.......

izzit the forts problem n com cant read it???

if is the forts spoil then charge it to full then use ur com to format it(com will be quite lag when reading it)

aft format then go install other firmware.........

i had to upgrade to 1.21 then 1.23. the thing is it restarted.... and didn't start. i charged it to full batt before upgrading. i don't know what happened. now even my computer doesn't recognized the player. i cant turn on the player, i tried restart button and all.... nothing. its just DEAD. i heard the only way is to let the battery run out then it will "restart" that takes a month if you had it on full charge. the other way.... change it at the service centre. i scared to upgrade already.... maybe i ask them to do it for me. haha.

then we are diff case..........

does ur com recognize it as a drive disk????

for me i tink 1.22b is quite gd........

I won't bother with anything 1.20 and above.

From what I've tested, slower bootup, faster battery consumption and buggy ID3 interface, which isn't much better than file-tree to begin with IMO.

Sticking to good ol' 1.13

My friend just bought an Iaudio 6 last weekend and i got to setup the player with him. I read that firmware updates are to be applied ONLY when you have problems with the current version. And btw it's stated at the support site as well.

i think i screw up mine also... spolit font and windows laggy

wanna to meet up to go together

Edited by Kippei

haha damn sad now... going to the boon building to repair tmr.... what you using now? i using my CD-player! hahahaha

I using nothing now... anyway i just call boonco... tml they not open.

Just now I do a force format using the logical disk manager.. now my U3 works again

Hey.. so many iAudio U3 users... I heard that the SQ is really good.. is this argueably the best sounding DAP?? any other contenders??

i would rike to noe as well, preferably flash-based