Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

my iAudio U3 got bricked.

U3 is prolly one of the better EQable players out there.

In terms of no EQ however, the iPod Shuffle >>>> iAudio U3

U3 is prolly one of the better EQable players out there.

In terms of no EQ however, the iPod Shuffle >>>> iAudio U3

Seriously I tried out my bunk buddy's Shuffle, on music that I was familiar with and at high bitrates, and it sounded like a hamster farting. I imagine the SQ out of a Made-In-China FM Radio would be better.

Earphone?

You're probably used to EQ.

How'd you tell the bitrates? Did you upload them onto the Shuffle itself?

Were the songs ripped properly? Gained? Did you volume match and hardware test them side by side?

I doubt the songs were properly matched between the U3 and Shuffle.

Edited by Zephyron

Wah lao, I'm been listening to hamster farting all the time! :lol: BTW, you heard hamster fart before? I think fart cannons better.

Earphone?

You're probably used to EQ.

How'd you tell the bitrates? Did you upload them onto the Shuffle itself?

Were the songs ripped properly? Gained? Did you volume match and hardware test them side by side?

I doubt the songs were properly matched between the U3 and Shuffle.

I went to his place and I made sure both music tracks were the same. Ripped using EAC and encoded using LAME. The file was on my MP3 player before, so I just copied it to his PC and from there to the shuffle.

BTW, my MP3 was a S1 MP3, hardly a DAP that can be considered even average. The earphones were a pair of CK-7s.

I have a Diploma in Biotechnology, so I do know something about carrying out fair and scientific experiments. Both DAPs were un-EQed.

If that's the case, I highly doubt that that Shuffle was normal.

I'll have to hear his for myself, because Afbug's Shuffle (and others) > my iAudio U3 unEQed, and the U3 > any generic S1 player.

Westone UM1, UM2, ER6i, CK7, Shure E4 and ER4P all as test beds.

Edited by Zephyron

Experimented with a friend's Shuffle, Iaudio 6 and my Nano and clearly the Shuffle triumphs over the rest, without EQ on. Had loaded the same tracks, bitrate, tested with approx same vol, full charge, etc. Earphones used are the stock cresyn that came with the iaudio 6, Senn MX500, KSC75, Westone UM1.

Guest joi-ful

I tested a few songs on both the shuffle and zen micro and I find the Shuffle to be a bit cleaner sounding.

I'm using a UM1 but now I find the Shuffle being kept in my drawer most of the time cos I die die must have the EQ for my songs.

EQ on my zen micro is 0 0 0 0 12. LOL!! Buay tahan the treble roll-off of UM1.

If that's the case, I highly doubt that that Shuffle was normal.

I'll have to hear his for myself, because Afbug's Shuffle (and others) > my iAudio U3 unEQed, and the U3 > any generic S1 player.

Westone UM1, UM2, ER6i, CK7, Shure E4 and ER4P all as test beds.

Perhaps, perhaps :D

Still, no matter how good the SQ of the Shuffle, I would never get one as a matter of personal choice. Not having a screen makes me want to tear my hair out. :P

Guest joi-ful

^ Not selling at anything less than $70. (Mine's the 512mb ver) At that price, might as well get yourself a refurbished Shuffle. They're a really good deal imo.