Sign in to follow this  
genocide

get rs-1/ms pro or straight to grado gs1k?

HOw i wish i have the K1000

Haha, i i find your post funny...Don't know why but it doesn't seem to have a link with any of the previous 10 posts I think...Btw, back to the GS-1000's, have anyone one of you guys felt that the midrange is a little laid back?

I had the good fortune to listen to an AKG K-1000 for several months sometime back. While it was a very good headphone (when amplified right) I found it a bit steely/cold/dry and that was witha tube amp outputing 2 watts or so in triode operation. Still a very nice headphone. The headphone I really miss is the Grado HP-1 made by Joe Grado - except the damn thing weighed a ton (unlike current day Grados). Needless to say I stupidly sold it for good money.

I had the good fortune to listen to an AKG K-1000 for several months sometime back. While it was a very good headphone (when amplified right) I found it a bit steely/cold/dry and that was witha tube amp outputing 2 watts or so in triode operation. Still a very nice headphone. The headphone I really miss is the Grado HP-1 made by Joe Grado - except the damn thing weighed a ton (unlike current day Grados). Needless to say I stupidly sold it for good money.

!!!!!!!! -_- WHAT!!!!!??? Argh, if only I could get my hands on those....

!!!!!!!! -_- WHAT!!!!!??? Argh, if only I could get my hands on those....

Hey razer, that very PS1 you're eyeing is on sale now at headfi!!

Yeah, but I did some reconsiderations and decided to hold on for a little while. The fact that its got even more bass than the GS-1000's kinda irks me...Cause I felt that the GS-1000's had more than enough bass quantity already. What's more is that the $2500 price tag isn't quite justifiable for a Grado phone albeit its metal cups and leather bands...I've gone through the HF-1 and GS-1000's to realise that...Not that I'am criticising them Grados but just stating a point. I've got the W5000's and Shure E500 on my list now and am deciding on them instead...