Sign in to follow this  
jlingo

Anybody own SR-71 in Singapore?

I was just wondering are there many people in Singapore own SR-71? any chance someone kindly enough to let me meet up in Jaben to have a listen for 5 mintues hehehe. I was just curious about the quality of SR-71. I'm using Supermacro III V6. I'm planning to get Supermacro IV by the end of this week. Thanks.

Edited by jlingo

Heard that someone has a Hornet. Not too sure about the SR-71, but given that it is quite popular amongst headfiers, you shouldn't have too much of a problem looking for SR-71s...

Assumptions though...

i demo-ed "the hornet" so well, i know some one has it. :) as for the sr-71 i've seen it too, just didn't try it out :) some one has it...... now who is it?

i demo-ed "the hornet" so well, i know some one has it. :) as for the sr-71 i've seen it too, just didn't try it out :) some one has it...... now who is it?

Yotiao da jie has one ...

:bash: How could i have not looked there.

Her list of current amps:

...SR-71, Total BitHead, PINT (AD8397 OPAMPS), Big Joe v1.1 (thanks uncle Wilson)...

:bash: How could i have not looked there.

Her list of current amps:

...SR-71, Total BitHead, PINT (AD8397 OPAMPS), Big Joe v1.1 (thanks uncle Wilson)...

I know member yaufei has one...It didn't sound anything mind blowing or great to me though....

jlingo bro:planning to sell ur old super macro :P

how much/time taken for ur new supermacro 4 take to come here after u placed an order??btwif not convenient u may pm me :D

I'm planning to get ray samuels audio headphone amp for my Sen.

Should I get SR-71 or Hornet ? Which is more suitable?RSA owner care to share?Can I get it locally?Thanks.

Edited by jojo

Haha, I overheard a conversation between uncle Wilson and another guy :P(forgot his name), and they commented that the SR-71 and Supermacro were very much equals, and that the difference was that of individual preference.

The Hornet was of a lower range though.

Any comparison ? :))

commented that the SR-71 and Supermacro were very much equals, and that the difference was that of individual preference.

Couldn't find any articles on headfi though.

Ask the forumers, or better still, start your own thread there, many there own the SR-71. Otherwise, there can always be friendly advise from our very own yotiao... :P

I had a chance to spend time listening to both SR-71 and Supermacro III and Supermacro I.

SR-71 and Supermacro I are pretty much on par. It's just a matter of personal preference. I love the cleanliness and the clarity of supermacro I, but I also love the sweetness and laid back feeling of SR-71.

But compared to Supermacro III, SR-71 is losing big time in my opinion. Supermacro III not only possess the sweetness of SR-71, but also gives a feeling of fullness, and details and much bigger soundstage. so In my opinion, you should go for Supermacro III, or better yet, Supermacro IV now. :) I heard supermacro IV has an even better soundstage compared to supermacro III. It's a lot smaller than SR-71, you can use rechargable batteries, and you can also change opamps to customize the sound signature. Please visit fixup.net, I read somewhere Xin recommended an opamp, so that its supermacro can mimic the sound signature of SR-71.

I'm still waiting for my supermacro IV to come. :)

There are few Singaporian who own SR-71 and Supermacro III, you should have a listen to them yourself and decide.

Edited by jlingo

To offer more food for thought.

IMO, the SR-71 and the Supermacros are definitely playing in the same league.

Which one you prefer depends largely on preference and the op-amp used in the SMs.

Given a choice, I would choose the SR-71 over the SM (v1 & 3 with OPA627) purely on sonic grounds, though they are close. Having listened to it with CD players(full sized, not PCDPs), it holds it's own against many home amps.

My comments are based on listening with full sized cans.

Between the SR-71 and the Hornet, the same answer still holds.

While the Hornet (original version, non-modified) is much smaller, offers built in charging and is sexy as hell, it ultimately does not match the SR-71 sound wise. All said, it adds excitement when used with the UM2.

Hope it helps.

Have you received your Supermacro IV yet ? Would you mind to let me audition with my cans? Thanks.

I'm still waiting for my supermacro IV to come. :)

There are few Singaporian who own SR-71 and Supermacro III, you should have a listen to them yourself and decide.