Sign in to follow this  
That dude

Noob here, needs help.

NOTE:for tat to happen you would nid to use a amp wif the im716 oso..........

nt really... i juz try my im716 wif my h10 out juz now... it quite gd as compare to initially where i really need a amp... guess im716 really burn in..

rockboxing your ipod wont void it's warrenty. It's a software installation that boots ipod into ROCKbox and leaves your ipod firmware intact. Dun like it, you can just delete the file from your ipod and wala! Back to original!

the most important thing now is to get your earphones/headphones decided first. If you are going to get UM1, there is no need for an amp. simple as that. Unless you are driving a high impedance can/iem, an amp will yield only a little more juice/slam/clarity for the um1, which in my opinion, the cost could have been put to buying a better phone/can.

Unless you intend to own a variety of headphones with different impedance, then invest in a good one. Else you'll end up buying on impluse and selling it away on classified here.

ok cool! thks a lot. I went to try out some earphones at jaben yesturday. Loved the Super fi 3 studio (ITS SO LOUD!) compared to the UM1, moreover, i tried it with bass booster on, through um1, its a bit soft and muddy sounding.

Anyway, I'll be saving up for a Xenos amp together with the IEM, which adds up to $290!! I'm just a STUDENT! wah, no food eat for 2 months lol!

So, i'm gonna try to rockbox my ipod tomorrow, when i get it back from a teacher. (got confiscated) wah pain!!

ok cool! thks a lot. I went to try out some earphones at jaben yesturday. Loved the Super fi 3 studio (ITS SO LOUD!) compared to the UM1, moreover, i tried it with bass booster on, through um1, its a bit soft and muddy sounding.

Anyway, I'll be saving up for a Xenos amp together with the IEM, which adds up to $290!! I'm just a STUDENT! wah, no food eat for 2 months lol!

So, i'm gonna try to rockbox my ipod tomorrow, when i get it back from a teacher. (got confiscated) wah pain!!

For mid clarity, I'd choose UM1, I heard Super fi 3 studio and yes, there's quite a bit of bass, but immediately I missed the clarity from UM1. It's a personal perference thing, go with what sounds best for you.

UM1 is supposed to be a stage monitor, thus giving much precedence to the mid-ranges. The super fi. 3, however, is made mainly for portable use, thus its bass, which is really attractive. This is however, not to say that the UM1 doesn't have enough bass, it has decent bass impact for an IEM.

it really depends on how 1 love the sound... last time ppl told me um1 was bass heavy... but after i try, i was very disappointed... my LMX-E630 sound better... but i try Ety, it was the one for me.. tight and punchy bass... i knew which is my type so i juz wen for AL straight away..