Sign in to follow this  
dgps

FYI: Musical Fidelity A3 CD Player @ S$1,100

My gosh... Very Good price!

indeed...market rate is about 1.3-1.4k..but i presume these price are more for those under 1 yr old set...the above set is 1.5 yr old.....

Transport is a Sony and I reckon it's age is still pretty young by Sony standards.

mackie, is the MF lens readily available in SG?

arghhh my hand super duper itchyy!!! *scratch scratch* wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

With the strong backup of Sony service center, U can be rest assured of parts availability worldwide. Like the ad goes, "It's a Sony""........ding ding ding ding......... tongue.gif

Front panel and FIP display are different. A3.2 sports a blue display and there are grooves along the sides of its brushed steel front panel . I don't know if there's any change in circuit topology but sound wise, they are very much the same as my friend has a A3.2CD.

A3 is it phased out already

Well...can't call it phased out as A3.2 still belongs to the A3 family. Just like CD6000, 6000OSE, 6000OSE LE..........

oooh .. hm.

great.

mackie, what do u think is the plus and minus of the MF(honest opinion required hehe)

coz I am planning to get it as my 2nd upgrade if I do well for exam biggrin.gif -> cunning.

I rate it as a music-lover machine, not an audiophile component as it's not entirely neutral sounding. Analogue signature may not appeal to all as there's a slight roll-off in the extreme highs and a very slight hump in the upper bass. Forte is in tempo, fast and accurate IMO. Mids are deliciously liquid. It's quite similar to CD7300 in sound but of higher resolution and even performance across the audio spectrum. Unlike CD7300, it's also compatible to tube gears. Soundstaging is very deep and wide, one that makes your speakers disappear if they are set up correctly. It demands proper matching of power cord and interconnects, a boon if done correctly but drag otherwise. Some may prefer laid back accessories as the onslaught of details may be viewed as brightness, thus YMMV.

hey hey but I love analogue sound remember? laugh.gif

erm.. then in that case, what power cord and IC are u using to compliment the MF ? (price too wink.gif .. easier for me to decide my budget when I wanna get them hehhe)

Note: A few posts have been deleted to maintain relevance to discussion.

hey hey but I love analogue sound remember? laugh.gif

erm.. then in that case, what power cord and IC are u using to compliment the MF ? (price too wink.gif .. easier for me to decide my budget when I wanna get them hehhe)

IMO, best and most accurate way to analyse the areas needed for improvement is to listen to the cdp with it's stock power cord and interconnects that are currently available. It's never an easy and straight road to fine tuning, hence no answer for now and if there's one from me............don't trust it! tongue.gif