Sign in to follow this  
naglfar

Sennheiser CX300

Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing my Sony MDR-EX71 earphones with the CX300. I'd like to get some feedback from the folks here before I do so....any comments about the Senns?

I would prefer the EP630, though it is still your personal choice.

It is cheaper, and saves you some money for future upgrades.

the CX300 isn't priced at $170. i believe it's selling for $119 at Stereo. it's actually not too bad too, although there are suspicions that they are one and the same as the Creative EP630, which is only $40+ if i'm not mistaken. you may also want to look at the CK7 for earphones in that price backet.

Wah, like that can buy 3 X EP630 instead of 1 X CX300. I would suggest you take a serious look at the CK7 as well. And, if you are willing to stretch your budget a bit, the UM1. Heard a young man in Jaben today about lunchtime saying, "The UM1 are the best sounding earphones I have tried."

the CX300 isn't priced at $170. i believe it's selling for $119 at Stereo. it's actually not too bad too, although there are suspicions that they are one and the same as the Creative EP630, which is only $40+ if i'm not mistaken. you may also want to look at the CK7 for earphones in that price backet.

Wow, they must have had a huge price cut. I bought mine from Challenger at $179!! :angry: Sold it off for about $140 :grin:

Heard a young man in Jaben today about lunchtime saying, "The UM1 are the best sounding earphones I have tried."

Well, the UM1s are indeed rather good...

Wow, they must have had a huge price cut. I bought mine from Challenger at $179!! :angry: Sold it off for about $140 :grin:

hehe you must have bought it at a really wrong time (and probably place) then. when Senns first released the CX300 it was priced at only USD$40-50. market forces and brand power then took over, i suppose, and the prices fluctuated quite a bit on Amazon.

Edited by rkivie

And, if you are willing to stretch your budget a bit, the UM1. Heard a young man in Jaben today about lunchtime saying, "The UM1 are the best sounding earphones I have tried."

Heh, he should also have tried the UM2, also :P

Oh, I heard that an Apple a day keeps the doctor away. Since it is so uncool to fall ill, I think it is associated with being hip.

Shesh, how could you incite me to say such things, knowing that fruits aren't my favourite food. :P

Haha! Whether it's a Apple, Orange or Banana. Eat in variety! Appreciate all of them!

My mum always tell me don't be picky in my food, learn to taste and accept them.

I guess if people were to regard a headphone brand as the sole high-end, they must be very shallow. Let them explore and open up on their own, they will see more through the door. :))