Sign in to follow this  
That dude

Helping a friend

Hey, my friend's ipod buds just died... *HORRAY! :bounce:

Hence, she is looking for a good replacement. :yeah:

BUT, She goes for style instead of sound, so if anyone has any idea which has both, pls advise me. She is looking for buds or clip-on's under 80 bucks. (which i have no knowledge of.) :sweat:

thks again guys! :beer:

lol, too far lar. I tml go ask her about it, she using her dad's old apple inears but i audit'ed them, and although they passed (barely) but i know there are some better sounding canal's or even normal buds out there.... thks guys, and dun stop the suggestions coming!

Cheap canals? EP630. I would really recommend that. Though it is really far from the UM1, it does well for its price, and has quite some bass impact.

So u still can remember the sound of a um1... lol

um1's price is too much for a little girl to handle.. lol...

and imo, for the ep.. she is better off wid the apple in-ears. at least they have some highs... lol

Edited by That dude

I found the highs ok, but distorted when loud. The bass is messy an muddy. No mids or soft mids. For the apple in ears that is.

Edited by That dude

So u still can remember the sound of a um1... lol

How could you say such a hurting thing... I had some false hope of finding them today... :P

Anyway, I would definitely agree, from a pure design perspective, that the Apple in-ears look far better than the EP630... Watch out for falling driver units though.

How could you say such a hurting thing... I had some false hope of finding them today... :P

Anyway, I would definitely agree, from a pure design perspective, that the Apple in-ears look far better than the EP630... Watch out for falling driver units though.

meant it as a harmless joke, dun take it to heart. :P

anyway, i guess the cresyn is the best cheap iem for her. Who's selling second hand? lol!

And SE, it's still an improvement, slight inprovement that is.... :innocent:

I found the highs ok, buy distorted. The bass is messy an muddy. No mids or soft mids. For the apple in ears that is.

Have you really tried them with EQ?

From my experience, the mids are below average. But with ______ EQ, mid range can be enhanced. The highs can be really painful when the In-Ears are brand new or seldom used. Regarding the bass section, it depends on your player truely (with or without EQ). The bass can go really deep and heavy (together with mids). However, it can sound rather muddy especially without EQ-ing.

Note : You do not need a amp to pair with this Apple In-Ear. Results could be worse than without amping. (just my experience, individual opinion may vary)

That was how i felt when i took a listen to them this morning. No amp, dun think there's eq, must check if the fren that loaned me her player.

Anyway... earphones that require no eq would be best.. and apple inears arent that comfortable after all... their buds are so soft and dun really provide much isolation no matter wad size of buds u use......

Edited by That dude