Sign in to follow this  
kenshin_himura

Tri flanges experimental results

you guys soak for how many days? and u all wash the tips to remove the excess lotion or juz use tissue paper to wipe it off?

you guys soak for how many days? and u all wash the tips to remove the excess lotion or juz use tissue paper to wipe it off?

Dude, use your discretion. It's akin to asking how long you have to shower to be clean. If you want a suggestion, here it is. Soak it for 3 days and wash them under running water. Dry the tips completely and give them a light coating of the lotion and store them away. You will find the tips white, supple and soft. If you feel that the tips are losing these wonderful traits after prolonged usage, give it a light coating of lotion again. Soldiers treat their rifles like wives, treat your iems like so and the tips like human skin. :)

Edited by Mackie

oh no...

my tri-flanges are tearin...

think i tried to clean them too thoroughly (flip up the underside of each flange to clean with alcohol swaps....)

sigh~

too much of care and concern = over pampering = bad for "wife"... :ppth:

I think washing with a mild soap is most gentle for the flanges. Most plastics contain chemical call plasticisers which softens the plastic. When you wash with strong detergents or worse, soak in alcohol, these chemicals get washed out, and the plastic will then tear.

I am using a pair of tri-flange mod to bi-flange. Either I got the cleanest ears or I have poor eyesight, cos they don't look dirty. :P

:))

Edited by heady

OT: OMG!!! Poyo, do something about that avatar man! Its freaking me out! O_O;;

*gets nightmares*

OT : Sorry Zephyron. I saw this mask in JB while doing some shopping. It got my 3 year old daughter to swear off pacifiers when I showed it to her . :grin:

She was like "Yecchh! What ugly teeth." and surrendered her pacifiers to me for condemnation. :thumbup:

Ok back to topic

Somehow I found the UE biflanges to be the softest out of the box of the lot I tested. But such big holes, its difficult to mod for use on the other brands of IEM except ER6 and E2

I don't recommend using soap, after all, detergent and soap contain drying agent. If your tips are really soiled (read color change), wash them with mild soap as suggested by heady. If you were to ask what's mild soap, look for those with pH5.5, search for another number if you know the pH factor of the tips! :P

Wash your tips under running water. Maintain a habit of cleaning them with damp cloth after every use. But if the tips are clearly soiled after each usage, it's time to nip the bud and clean your ear canals. :o

Edited by Mackie

Alcohol swaps are great for disinfecting surfaces. Store them in your first aid box as it may come in handy....just like ...haaaaandy plast!

Edited by Mackie