Sign in to follow this  
fatnjuicy

questions about USB Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External and speake

i own an old aego 2.1 and im planning to get a USB Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External DAC/ADC. i viewed the creative website and the 9-pin Speaker DIN is required (correct me if im wrong please) between DACtoSpeaker. does this mean i have to upgrade my aego to another set with this "9-pin Speaker DIN Cable" thing? if there is a way to convert the plugs, is there a loss in quality? are there any other solutions to this problem not involving the upgrade of my speakers?

ok. about the USB interface. ive read in forums that the USB interface screws with the sound quality in a way. can anyone explain this to me? true of false.

thanks a lot

True, the usb 1 i heard it b4... i can say it sux...

i rather use the on board sound board...

really its true...

Maybe you need an external DAC with op-amp rolling capability. Those that taps into USB. Using USB for audio transfer shouldn't screw your quality since it's digital.

True, the usb 1 i heard it b4... i can say it sux...

i rather use the on board sound board...

really its true...

A good onboard sound have a Creative or other branded chip in it.

So far I prefer EMU0404 to onboard.

i own an old aego 2.1 and im planning to get a USB Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit External DAC/ADC. i viewed the creative website and the 9-pin Speaker DIN is required (correct me if im wrong please) between DACtoSpeaker. does this mean i have to upgrade my aego to another set with this "9-pin Speaker DIN Cable" thing? if there is a way to convert the plugs, is there a loss in quality? are there any other solutions to this problem not involving the upgrade of my speakers?

ok. about the USB interface. ive read in forums that the USB interface screws with the sound quality in a way. can anyone explain this to me? true of false.

thanks a lot

You are better off running the aego2.1 off the onboard sound than an external Soundcard. Any external din conversion won't be sound any better than off the onboard.

and usb interface CAN ONLY sound better only through a whole new dac amp and speaker combo.