tok2mi

Custom Earmould anyone?

Should we be chatting so much in the classified?

Anyway, to clear some things here.

1. If your Westone UM56 aren't properly done, free service of re-doing it is provided by Westone USA not me, the most difficult part of my job is to walk across the road ( nearest post office), fill in some pages of documents and queue.

2. Most of the time, I only do customs for my customers who bought the westones from me and I usually only charge them for postage, the rest is complimentary on the house. ( Although i don't remember charging $120, a little ex... lol) Most case like tok2mi, I actually recommended him to get from Jaben since I'm a little lazy to go thru all the post and queue thingy.

3. Regarding the audiologist issue, it's all up to the customer, if you have no issue, then anyhow is fine. Only that like [J]-ohn mentioned, fact is companies like Westone and shure would only suggest you make your ear impression from a certified audiologist.

p.s. to fongav and topgun - No offense, but tok2mi is just interested to MO for the benefit of those who is planning to get one and hoping for a better price thru MO, go easy on him.

What's with all this backlash man. One guy thought maybe organizing an MO might be cheaper, posts a thread asking for a show of interest, presumably after he has a rough idea of the numbers, he can use that to work out the MO deal. He doesn't claim to be an expert on custom eartips, just thought more people can get better price, which is what any one might assume.

Kena all this backlash. Yes, you're all happy and satisfied customers of whatever places you choose to patronize. So what? This is just an MO like any other MO. What's the frigging problem here? Whoever is interested and choose to participate do so at their own risks.

I have to say, this holier-than-thou attitude is a fvcking turnoff and not necessary nor needed in a community of sound aficionados. Bottomline, everyone jsut wants to get the best within what they can afford. I don't think the TS was expecting this when this thread was posted.

I think they meant it as a form of education. But their tone is a bit off...

The thread starter also havent returned wif the numbers yet, im still waiting to see how much cheaper it can be.

Oh my... okay i've been busy with school today, didnt expect so many things posted here.

I read through the thread and thought about the opinions.

Some of you guys are right about convenience. Its pretty much easier to get everything done at one shop like jaben or se.

BTW i dont know if i posted wrongly here or what, but i didnt mean for this thread to be an official MO yet as u can see i dont have all the exact details. Im quite a noob at MOing esp for this one where the process is a little new to me.

Next I would like to point out that Pple MO to get cheaper prices if possible, who doesnt want cheaper stuff right. However im not compromising on the making of ear impression. Im still in the process of sourcing out certified ones in singapore.

Does anyone know if it's possible to reduce the price of the earmoulds done by westone if we do a MO like this? That way more cost can be reduced.

In the meantime, i'll be a little busy this week til my this coming recess week so give me some room to source yeappe.

BTW im intending to get it done by westone. Sorry i didnt mention it. I was leaving it room for more inputs. You never know the kinds of deals other people have that can be cheaper but at the same time reliable as well.

Edited by tok2mi

alright i decided to call this thing off.

Well its a lesson learnt for anyone who wants to try to do a MO for this!

Realised i dont have the time now as im just drowning in projects.

Ace Hearing Care in Ngee Ann City can do the earmould for the headphones. They charge $280 and everything is done locally. Takes about 5 working days. For express service, there is a surcharge.

They have been doing for professional voice over and recording companies.

Ace Hearing Care in Ngee Ann City can do the earmould for the headphones. They charge $280 and everything is done locally. Takes about 5 working days. For express service, there is a surcharge.

They have been doing for professional voice over and recording companies.

if this is just for the impressions, then it's 5 times more ex than i expected.

Guest dragonboy

I'ii prefer to leave them to the professionals like WESTONE. At least they know what they're doing... :dance:

But what makes you think they know more than a professional audiologist? The only thing I would consider is that unless Westone uses a different material in making the custom tips so the sound might be different. But the creation process should be the same.

Edited by feather