Sign in to follow this  
ahdui

Looking for cheap wires

any recommended cheap decent wires to get besides the belden 89259 (i love it but its too thick for long distance lol)

There are a few....pls check out my review on DIY interconnects from the FAQ, Forum articles section.

thx for the info.

im avoiding thick cables due to lotsa bend around the tables and corners of the room lol.

using it for my home system. amp beside my pc and speakers at the other ends of the room.

Edited by ahdui

If you are looking for speaker cables, you shouldn't be eyeing Belden 89259. Try homefix or a better neighborhood hardware store that sells Daiyo products. They should sell cables of different gauges.

http://www.daiyo.com.sg/OFC.HTML

Edited by Mackie

If you are looking for speaker cables, you shouldn't be eyeing Belden 89259. Try homefix or a better neighborhood hardware store that sells Daiyo products. They should sell cables of different gauges.

http://www.daiyo.com.sg/OFC.HTML

Curious to know how they would compare with Belden 1860a or 1810a?

Edited by david watt

Curious to know how they would compare with Belden 1860a or 1810a?

The thread starter is looking for flexible and cheap wires and therefore, the issue is not sound quality. The Daiyo wires sound better than the red/black bell wires and thus worthy of consideration.

went to LHS a few days ago and seek patrick (the back-to-the-future-prof) for some recommendations.

ended up considering between some canare wire(forgot its modelname) which sounds rather warm and Belden 8471 which will improve in brightness and details.

den.. chosen the Belden 8471 in the end since im in love with belden's sound signature. heck the thick wires lol.

Robert recommeded the 8471 to me too. Bought it 2 weeks ago but my speakers only arriving tomorrow.

How long did it take you to burn-in? Can you give a shot review with some details on setup?

for normal usage.. it will take abt 1weeks for them to burn in.

within the first few hrs of usgae, it may sound harsh and quite bright but the cables will tone down after burning in.

after burn-in:

-no longer harsh

-brightness just nice (to me)

-details improved.

-tightened bass

Just managed to hook up a temp low cost setup using the 8471. Sounded pretty nice and airy after 10 hrs of burning - not too dynamic still.

Amp is a cheap Sonic Blaster and using Lofx speaker. Source is Pioneer 989 DVD in direct mode with only 15 hrs of running in.

I'm afraid a cable shall not contribute to an increase in dynamics as it's a job for the amp and speakers as a whole. Generally, you need an amp with more muscle to increase its dynamic headroom.

Just managed to hook up a temp low cost setup using the 8471. Sounded pretty nice and airy after 10 hrs of burning - not too dynamic still.

Amp is a cheap Sonic Blaster and using Lofx speaker. Source is Pioneer 989 DVD in direct mode with only 15 hrs of running in.

are u using lothx speakers..?