Sign in to follow this  
dgps

Extension cord

hi all,

i may be going down to LSH to get an extension cord for the cans....what is the best configuration i could get from there? say i want a 2 m long extension, what cable, and connector should i got for?

btw, is there any 1/8 -> 1/4 adaptor at LSH? how about 1/4 ->1/8 those without screw on type?

thanks............

Are you going to LHS? Robert would be the right person to solve your problem. For cable, he choose the Belden Brillance 1813A microphone cable but I dun know what brand the jacks and connectors are ...

Soundwise : I wouldn't say much but DO EXPECT that it COLORS your sound, even after substantial burn-in.

probably the best connectors you can get at LHS will be the Neutrik connectors

I just made one extension cable here (thats the L-shaped plug, there's a regular straight one of course)

post-2-1057948683.jpg

canare l-4e6s

mogami 2534

those imo are about the best you can find in singapore in terms of price/convenience/performance.

oh, NO, while i agree that extension cables of any length do colour your sound, i've always wondered, are we really able to hear the difference picofarads and micro-ohms make?

wink.gif

another thread i guess. wacko.gif

In transmission theory and practice, all you need are those picofarads, microhenrys and ohms, (not micro-ohms) to give you those differences!