Sign in to follow this  
Elac

Buy Stax in Japan

I just made a purchase for the Stax Omega 2's....Now I'am left with getting an amp...Wanted to get the KGBH but its USD $2400 ++ !!!!!*(^#&@$^(*#&$^!!!!! Looked at its cheaper solid state cousin the KGSS but then again, how about getting the SRM-007tII instead? I presume its cheaper?

Razer, I presume from looking at your head-fi profile that you are around 18-19 years old. I wonder how you can afford those high price cans... sorry for the OT but as someone that age, thinking about the kind of money you have spent on headphones alone just blew my mind.

With the L3000, AD2000, SA5000, HD650, K701, HF1, GS1000 and the E5, I doubt its a slow way up...

I'm drooling just looking at your headphone inventory... :P

Oops... :b2t

Edited by aaron-xp

I just made a purchase for the Stax Omega 2's....Now I'am left with getting an amp...Wanted to get the KGBH but its USD $2400 ++ !!!!!*(^#&@$^(*#&$^!!!!! Looked at its cheaper solid state cousin the KGSS but then again, how about getting the SRM-007tII instead? I presume its cheaper?

Razer, can share with us where and how much did you pay for O2? Thanks

Razer, can share with us where and how much did you pay for O2? Thanks

Got them online from Price Japan. Its around $2400 cause I used paypal credit card function to pay since doing bank wire transfer was a little bit of a hassle for DBS online banking... :bash: They required this filling up of a form and sending them something.....blah blah blah....

Hi Razer,

Maybe you would want to check with Kingsley(Stax SG distributor)? Was quoted SGD $6K for OM2 + 007 quite sometime ago. Not sure abt the price for 007II.

Hi Razer,

Maybe you would want to check with Kingsley(Stax SG distributor)? Was quoted SGD $6K for OM2 + 007 quite sometime ago. Not sure abt the price for 007II.

i checked last week - and was quoted $5800 - supposedly lowest ever price only for regulars. coincidentally, the dealer's name is mikhail.

Hi Razer,

I don't think I would ever buy from Kingsley. I don't see the point of paying such a premium. I know some may argue that if things go wrong then servicing is troublesome but I'am not overly concerned about that...Getting the Stax O2 and 007t II combo at $6000 for lets say a non regular is insane...I paid around $2380 for my O2 and lets say I get an amp that's around the $2300 price range, that'll equate to only---$4600+/- I don't see the need for a $1400 premium.

Alternatively, this is like telling locals to get the E500 for $800 when u could place an order online for only $660(that is if u know which site to buy from...)

Edited by razer

I don't think I would ever buy from Kingsley. I don't see the point of paying such a premium. I know some may argue that if things go wrong then servicing is troublesome but I'am not overly concerned about that...Getting the Stax O2 and 007t II combo at $6000 for lets say a non regular is insane...I paid around $2380 for my O2 and lets say I get an amp that's around the $2300 price range, that'll equate to only---$4600+/- I don't see the need for a $1400 premium.

Alternatively, this is like telling locals to get the E500 for $800 when u could place an order online for only $660(that is if u know which site to buy from...)

Hi Razer,

I have to agree with u on the $1400 premium and wish you would enjoy your new purchases to the fullest. But one thing to take note is the voltage used and whether, the oversea dealer that you are buying the item is an authorised STAX dealer in that country.

Hi Razer,

I have to agree with u on the $1400 premium and wish you would enjoy your new purchases to the fullest. But one thing to take note is the voltage used and whether, the oversea dealer that you are buying the item is an authorised STAX dealer in that country.

Oh, don't worry about the Voltage. Its always the first thing that i consider when getting any electronics. Even so, if something goes wrong, I've got a pretty decent Step down transfomer that'll do the job. And I'am not a big believer of clean pwoer supply so its alright for me...

Oh, don't worry about the Voltage. Its always the first thing that i consider when getting any electronics. Even so, if something goes wrong, I've got a pretty decent Step down transfomer that'll do the job. And I'am not a big believer of clean pwoer supply so its alright for me...

Whether clean power makes an improvement or not depends on where u live, the kind of house u live, the year the house is built, the type of circuit your wall socket is linked to.

if u live in HDB, power conditioning will make a huge improvement in a resolving headphone like STAX.

TIP: tell kaneda to declare the headphone as USD $50 when it ships. You will save alot on taxes.