Sign in to follow this  
metrablue

juz got go-vibes!

wanted to gif amps a try.. so....

I juz got go-vibes v5...

hooked it up to iriver h10 and playin through iM716...

now there is e prob... i dont hear the difference between amp/ unamp... :shocking:

iz there sth wrong wif my ears or will i juz grow into likin amps with DAP??

Allow the amp to burn in as well.

Also, some amps synergise better with some ear/headphones better than others. The GoVibe synergizes VERY well with my E4 for one, but not the Xenos (without an impedance adapter).

The iM716 can switch between different modes right? Tru out the different modes :)

If my information gathering is correct, you should find a difference over time with HD mode.

Guest joi-ful

hehe, no diff then sell it to me cheap. =P

Anyhow,

I heard that Go-vibe synergizes well with Grado and Koss so maybe you can try ur luck with them. Maybe you can also twiddle with the vol of the h10 and the volume pot of the Go-vibe until you find the sound you like. Good luck!

wanted to gif amps a try.. so....

I juz got go-vibes v5...

hooked it up to iriver h10 and playin through iM716...

now there is e prob... i dont hear the difference between amp/ unamp... :shocking:

iz there sth wrong wif my ears or will i juz grow into likin amps with DAP??

Go-Vibe v5 sounds real good with my IM716.(Abit lower than the level of PINT)

Try burning in your Go-Vibe for many days and it will sounds good.

*I using HD-mode with amp most of the time.

^^

lol!!!

joi-ful ure very gd at jumpin at opportunities hor... haha

i think i will run the amp in and give it a chance...

btw... zeph...

watz difference do u gt betw a unamped E4 and a amped(wiith go-vibe) E4??

i tink e4 will be my nex jump in IEM... but hopefully not too soon... lol

edit: oh ya i realise sth... whenever i touch e nob... i hear a soft static kinda sound... do u??

Edited by metrablue

yup let it burn in a bit, put in a fresh battery. IF you have the power supply then even better. What IC are u using?

Hmm, IME out of the iAudio U3's HPO to the E4, the E4 sounds just fine to me but with the GoVibe in the way, the sound across the entire frequency spectrum tightens by quite a bit. Bass extention becomes a bit more pronounces as does the highs, and the imaging does seem to improve though soundstage remains the same.

Side-grading to the E4?

Guest joi-ful

Zeph, why side-grading, are the im716 that good?

I think the sf5pro really rocks though. Had the luxury of testing it at SE.

It depends on what tickles one's ears. Theoretically, given the technology supporting the iM716, I believe it'd be on the same level as the E4 and ER4P (My fave 2 IEM models thus far).

Didn't really like the SF5Pro though, sounds dead to me with dim vocals, and murky, uresolving performance given its a dual driver and its supposed performance class, but still, its all just my opinion. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Zeph, why side-grading, are the im716 that good?

I think the sf5pro really rocks though. Had the luxury of testing it at SE.

sf5pro is good as in the bass really can eq it to a heavy level and it still does not sound muddy... at least to me. Don't think Zeph is going to side grade.

To me, i prefer E4 and im716 whereas my dad only like sf5pro so music is a really personal things...

Go-Vibe v5 sounds real good with my IM716.(Abit lower than the level of PINT)

Try burning in your Go-Vibe for many days and it will sounds good.

*I using HD-mode with amp most of the time.

according to my h10 setup and current nano setup, and maybe the songs i'm listening to, Go-Vibe do not synergise as well as pa2v2. But i also feel pa2v2 lose out in warmth as compare to crossroad so really synergy here and your listening preference the one affecting ones decision..

hmm.. got to agree with theory. i have both the pa2v2 and go vibe v5. am using the sf5pro and it really depends on the music u listen to. i'm currently still burning in my go vibe and hopefully after burning in, the bass of go vibe will be close to the pa2v2 and keeping its nice high, which is wat pa2v2 is lacking :party:

To me, i guessed you should have tried them out before purchase. If you do not hear any difference in the sound, its not worth to get an amp at all. If you still dun hear difference after burning in, sell it away and be done wid it. lol

I agree with that_dude. Since you could have auditioned the amp before purchase, why did you still buy it when you cannot hear difference? Anyway give it some time for your ears to get accustomed to the new sound and you may realise that though subtle, there is an improvement.

Yeah I got that static noise too whenever I turn the volume knob. Worse when using with the walwarts, the moment I touch the knob there is a humming noise.

But it works well with my Nokia 6280->AD-15 adaptor->Go-Vibe-> ksc-75/er6 setup. Weird huh.