Sign in to follow this  
gryphon1972

Best CD writer and media for burning

i'm using a tdk writer. 48X second edition which is OEM by teac to tdk. normally i burn around 8x.

As for the software, i use EAC for all my ripping and writing audio cd needs.

this is from my earlier post. there i a previous CDr thread too.

N@Z, the best way to copy a cd will be using EAC. i assume you have a pc and know how to configure EAC. search on the net for directions on how to set up EAC.

Action/Copy image and create cue sheet/uncompressed. this will copy the whole cd into hard disk with a wav and cue file.

tools/write cd/file/load. point it to the cue sheet. write cd. normally i use 8x or 12x. you can use 4x just to be extra safe.

this is the best method i know so far. no gaps problem or extra seconds added in between gaps.

Edited by evil-zen

if EAC does not work on your comp (as it doesnt on mine), cdEX works almost as well.

well, i have a 2 year + sony cdrom and it works on it. so most probably any writer you buy should be compatible with it now. yeap cdex does a good job as well but eac is better.

biggrin.gif evil which media do you think is the best?

I am thinking of getting some mitsui from firefox's recommendation. Is it hard to find in SLS?

coz I always look for tdk's one.. never go find all these branded for writing music cds.. hee hee

TDK media is ok lah. ritek i think. but mitsui should be better. i use taiyo yuden which is quite hard to find. try hwz optical forum for more answers.

the one i bought is from HP, at PK Computer funan. another source of taiyo yudens will be colourmix sony from carrefour, harvey norman and ??? take note all taiyo yuden are made in japan. If you see sony or hp with 'Made In Japan' it is most probably taiyo. if made in other countries, better don't buy.

I'm also using EAC for ripping and creating cue files for my Nero burn. The reason why I used Nero to burn as it's the only software to support my Yamaha's Audio Master Quality burn features.

I'm also using EAC for ripping and creating cue files for my Nero burn. The reason why I used Nero to burn as it's the only software to support my Yamaha's Audio Master Quality burn features.

have you compared the burning from the yamaha drive to normal ones?

have you compared the burning from the yamaha drive to normal ones?

I burnt several albums using EAC cue feature. i.e all it extrack track by track, instead of copying the image of the whole CD which most commercial CD burning software. I used mainly the OEM Yamaha brand CDR. It as good as original. But some claim they can get better than original copies with this feature, but I can't.

With my previous panny writer, I notice something lacking though I can't pin-point what is it.