Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

Marantz PM65 + CD63SE for $380

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell/Ya...&num=1058086259

Selling a highly acclaimed Marantz Intergrated Amplifier(PM65)rated at 70 watts per channel together with a Marantz CD63SE(Special Edition)cd player(CD lens has recently been changed so just like new).....both items in EXCELLENT condition and perfect match with each other,comes with Marantz remote that can control both amp and CD player.......prefer to sell both together at $380,if interested to purchase seperately please offer......mail me at mikeringo.geo@yahoo.com

view pics at........http://www.pbase.com/acoustica/marantz

good deal?

the equipment is probably about 5 yrs old,

but still a good deal methinks happy.gif

what would be the likely offering price for just CD63SE alone (gold in color ?) ? Is this not KI tweaked ? wink.gif

done already, ablaze, but no response so far. Will keep the rest posted. wink.gif

if KI is not mentioned, it shouldnt be a KI model.

i find sometime the adding of those 2 letters 'KI' can almost double the price.. ohmy.gif

It's already mentioned the cdp is a 63SE. 63KI is an improved version of 63mkII. The 63SE is often priced at $250 in the used market.

Is 63mkII better than 63 SE, Mackie ? Heard that this model has some common tracking problems before, is it true ? wink.gif

63SE is the improved version of the first generation of 63 series. I think the lens are not rated class 1 laser product ie. plastic and not glass lens. This part can be purchased for $20 at SLT. Generally, I think 63SE does not have tracking problems just that it needs a change of lens (on heavy playback) every 2-3 years or so. My class 1 Pioneer lens has lasted more than 10 years and still going strong. However the part is costly ie $90.

Good deal nevertheless as enclosed image shows owner has been taking good care of it. Btw, 63SE is musical and still in demand in the used market.

I heard the PM65, 57 and some other marantz amps. IMHO i think they should be avoided unless they are given free. I've heard similarly priced ($2-300) amps that are more musical, transperant and more often than not, controls the same speakers better, hinting they are more powerful. Brands like Cyrus, Rotel, Pioneer comes to my mind.