chaych

where to buy portable amp 2?

I doubt any local stores sell them. You can always post on the classifieds though, someone may be willing to let go of their used one. Otherwise, ebay or electric avenues is still the way to go.

Best to contact gary at electric-avenues.com, his pa2v2 site. He is a nice friendly chap to deal with so you can direct questions to him and he will gladly reply promptly. He even entertain request for change of parts or even upgrade. His service is second to none!

I'm afraid other than waiting in classifieds, you'll have to get direct from his webby. Be careful ebay has other sellers selling pa2 more expensively so make sure it is Gary.

All the amps come with a serial number on the site, so it is very easy to trace an amps' owner thru his pa2 site. :grin:

Edited by viix

one more qn..how is the Little Dots LDM+ compared to the pa2v2?

i listen mostly to classical and pop music...

Edited by chaych

The most obvious difference would be the bass. If you compare the LDM to PA2V2, the LDM's bass would appear to sound leaner to most, the rest would greatly depend on the interconnect and MP3 player.

i was lucky to do an exchange with someone here, my ldm+ for his pa2v2, with a bit of top-up by me.

with ms-1 and ep-630, i couldn't make out significant differences unamped/ldm+ amped. maybe my ears too noob or the little dot not burnt in yet (i hadn't done my 1st charging). anyway, through reviews, ldm+ is reknowned for enhanced details.

now with the pa2v2, there is more low-freq weight in the ms-1 and this really balances the brightness sweetly. yet to do a direct amp/unamped comparison with iem.

btw if iirc pa2 stands for pocket amp 2 not portable amp 2.