Sign in to follow this  
Guest antitrust

Sennheiser PX100 or AKG K24P?

Guest antitrust

which one should i get?

went to Stereo to audition them today. here's what i think.. (amateur comments)

the AKG ones sound warmer and bassier to me. mids and high are not too bad but PX100 is better in this department. bass is quite straight, sound is very clean for the PX100.

the kind of music i'll be listening to will mostly be indie rock and some alt, hard rock, bassy stuff. so i guess K24P is quite a good pair for my use but the thing that puts me off is that there's only 1 year warranty and as for PX100 there's 2 years. price is also nearly double. K24P is $49 while PX100 is $78.

which one should i get? :/

u may wish to consider the comfort factor

i have a k26p and it isn't exactly the most comfortable cans i've had

takes some getting used to or possible you might not ever find it comfortable

px100's band is definitely more comfortable in comparison

but again, everyone's head profile is different :)

comfort is supremely important!!!!

my fc7's are bashing my ears!! :))

hahahaha seems that stereo will allow you to aucition for a loooong time, just ask for permission.

know that, cause thats what he told me! audition for an hour!!!

hahah but dun audition audition audition for damn long then dont buy.......... :cans:

Guest antitrust

hmm.. i think i might go down to Hung Bros tomorrow to see what price they'll be able to offer me.

right now the only thing that's stopping me from buying those AKGs is the warranty. i'm scared they'll break down or the wire near the connector gets loose. :/

my creative ep630 'died' because on one side there were loose wires at the connector after less than 1 year of usage. :(

what i feel is that you should go for what you enjoy listening more, this is the most important. don't base your decision on warranty. phones should be able to last when there is common sense in taking care of them. for example, keeping them with cable nicely wound up in a designated shock absorbent pouch before throwing into your bag.

I haven't listened to the K24P, but have had the PX100. They were absolutely brilliant. I recently got to hear the Koss PortaPros and they were even better! Of course, different people have different preferences. Personally, if you can accept the slightly old-fashioned but (IMHO VERY COOL) styling, I'd go for the PortaPros.

Edited by milkpowder

u may wish to consider the comfort factor

i have a k26p and it isn't exactly the most comfortable cans i've had

takes some getting used to or possible you might not ever find it comfortable

px100's band is definitely more comfortable in comparison

but again, everyone's head profile is different :)

Hi Zhong

How you find the sound of K26P vs the PX100? I am more into new age & vocal? Is the details & separation comparable? Which is more airy?

Marc

Hi Zhong

How you find the sound of K26P vs the PX100? I am more into new age & vocal? Is the details & separation comparable? Which is more airy?

Marc

px100 would be a better choice for the kind of music u mentioned

the highs n mids are sweet, bass not overwhelming and overall a decently balanced pair of cans

but again, comfort wise

px100 wins hands down

btw the connector for my k26p near the 1/8" plug came off a little, so the wiring is slightly revealed

and i didnt use it much, gosh..

even though the k26p is much better in the bass department

but given a 2nd chance, i would take px100 anytime...

still,

it's best u pop by stereo to audition it for yourself before deciding :)

Cheers,

Zhong