Sign in to follow this  
jlingo

Super.Fi 5 Pro new revised cables have weakness!

as much as i felt the cable management is horrible, it sure does give me a piece of my mind. I experience quite a few tmies with the cable worn behind, those aunties with hand bags in buses or mrt can hook the cable and pull them. (with my um-1s)

I was damn pissed off the other day when this guy walk past and hooked my cable with the bag. It pulled my ue's out of my ear.

tok2mi, I think you should slip the cable into the shirt if you want to wear it from behind. In this way, your chances of cable being hooked by something is lessen. It will be the same for all IEMs.

Personally I feel safer to wear the Super.fi on the front than the back unless you're using it for performance practices.

Regarding the article in headfi, the thread starter said that the microphonics was horrible? Personally, I couldn't experience any. I think Nsjong is right about thicker cable have lesser chances of picking up noises.

I don't see why UE has such a big problem with microphonics on its cables... Maybe its because of their experience but Shure seems to get it right with every earphone.

I don't see why UE has such a big problem with microphonics on its cables... Maybe its because of their experience but Shure seems to get it right with every earphone.

True, UE hasn't been in the universal IEM market for a very long. Speaking of which, Etymotic Research doesn't seem to be bothered with the microphonics!?

Edited by milkpowder