Sign in to follow this  
palestofwhite

Anyone uses the Nokia E60/E61 or SE M600i?

My Motorola MPx200 died on me today and i'm on the search for a new phone without cam. I have 3 models in mind, namely the SE M600i, Nokia E60 and Nokia E61. Anyone have any idea what is good for me? i'll be using the phone in camp for calls, sms, Email, web browsing and MSN chat. My unit is a stay in Unit so i need more multimedia stuffs to keep me occupied. And is it also possible for me to use my ER6i on either of these phones for MP3 listening? Hmmmm....

I have the E61... why i would choose the E61 are:

1) wide screen with 16M color... very good for video

2) Wifi

3) 4 bands

I am not sure abt M600i.. but in order to use yr ER6i on the E61 you need to get the remote control model AD-41, AD-46.... Of cos using a PCD with amp would be much much better :D

Between the E60 & E61 your decision should depend on whether you're comfortable with the normal keypad or a a QWERTY one. For me it's the latter. As with most newer Nokias you can use your ER6i on the E61 as long as you get the optional 35mm pop-port adaptor. I tried it using the N80's supplied adaptor & it worked.

I chose the E61 to replace my 9500 communicator a few months ago. The 9500 had a proper keyboard unlike the E61 which is more suited for your thumbs. It didnt take long for me to get used to it, although I still can't type as fast as on the 9500. More importantly the E61 allowed me to use the keypad one handed.

What won me over was the extremely solid construction of the E61. It's width is not a problem for me, as it's more comfortable in my pocket because it feels flatter. In fact I always conveniently slip it in my jeans back pocket (although I'd remember not to sit with it in there!). The battery is the Li-Ion 1500 mAh (BP-5L) which is exactly the same as used in the 9500 so battery life (or lack thereoff) will not be an issue.

The SE M600i was a no contest for me because I use WIFI alot.

Some people say the E61's design looks nothing special. Personally, I prefer the conservative business like looks as opposed to the fashion driven designs. No regrets getting the E61. It's a fantastic phone in terms of tactile feel & performance. It has performed reliably so far considering all the software I have installed & uninstalled into the extra 2GB SanDisk miniSD card bought to replace the pitiful 64MB supplied.

Then i'm more steered towards the E61 as i heard it can do slightly more than the E60... but i'm not sure if the E61 is more attention seeking than the normal phone like E60,, you know anything can happen in camps... :)

Then i'm more steered towards the E61 as i heard it can do slightly more than the E60... but i'm not sure if the E61 is more attention seeking than the normal phone like E60,, you know anything can happen in camps... :)

ANy latest phone is going to be a attention seekers... if you are scare just get a 8250 or 7610..

Any mobile phone will attract 'attention' irrespective of what model it may be. You shouldn't make your decision based on that because you may regret your choice later. The 7610 is still ok because of the 'plethora' of productivity software available for it. The 8250 on the other hand has very limited capabilities unless you only need it for voice & text.

If it doesn't matter to you whether you get the E60 or E61. Then in that case, choose the cheaper one ;) the extra money you save can go to getting more accessories.

Just remember to take extra care with it. Deterrents are also good like; putting a tag/etching on the case/battery etc; install theft software applications in the phone & so on.

Lots! Here are some of the ones I find useful & use regularly:

Sharewares:

Lonely Cat Games Smartmovie player (avi)

Handy Clock (world clock, multi alarm, calendar, stopwatch)

Shape Services IM+ (MSN/YM/AOL/Google/Jabber) chat

AutoLock (configurable Keypad lock)

Ybrowser (file explorer which can view hidden, system folders/files & other cool functions.

ProfiMail (POP3/IMAP email access - easier to set up than the built-in app)

Best Crypto (file encryption with password)

Advance English Dictionary

Freewares:

Calcium calculator

Windows Live Messenger (MSN)

GoTalkmobile (Google talk chat)

Gmail (fast access your gmail email accounts)

Then there's the games...

All it takes is for you to take time to do the search. Here's a nice E-series website to start you off: http://www.e-series.org/

Anyone owns the Nokia E70? Want to hear your impressions about it. Any particular shop selling the one with the black keypad?