Sign in to follow this  
Braxton

The ES2 trend.

I think more and more forumers are getting themselves an ES2,looks like it's still counting..

And some have even sold off Shure E500 for it. :blink:

Let's start an ES2 club :party:

Yes! i am joining u guys... dunnoe when den my ES2 will arrive.... :think: Hoping to pair it up wit hornets too..... :sweat:

it's not isolation that i have problems with. isolation is great, due in large part to the open jaw impressions done by the excellent Wilson.

i have sent my ES2 back due to comfort issues. the cartilage forming the external ear gets very sore after prolonged (>1 hour) usage. i had that problem since day 1 and i thought it was a just a matter of my ears getting use to it. unfortunately, the soreness persisted and i realise i need to do something about it.

Ehhh, I'm tempted to get the ES2 just because of the custom-ness but I highly doubt there would be any improvement...

Don't say too early when you don't own an ES2!!! :no:

Nice part is not only the custom art,but also the performance,and a big one...machiam a night & day difference if compare between UM2 & ES2.

Alot of ES2 users commented that it is a big change over from the UM2 though the sound signature stays the same.

"Westone pass the UM2 up in a number of ways as they take the strengths of the UM2 and bring them up a few levels and improve on the UM2's weaknesses."

Taken from the impression of ES2 & Shure E500

Don't say too early when you don't own an ES2!!! :no:

Nice part is not only the custom art,but also the performance,and a big one...machiam a night & day difference if compare between UM2 & ES2.

Alot of ES2 users commented that it is a big change over from the UM2 though the sound signature stays the same.

"Westone pass the UM2 up in a number of ways as they take the strengths of the UM2 and bring them up a few levels and improve on the UM2's weaknesses."

Taken from the impression of ES2 & Shure E500

I might upgrade if I have the UM2 but I have the E500 along with UM56 customs. It's just not an upgrade that's worth the cost seeing as I've already spent well over US$500 on it already.

i was informed that quite a few pulled the triggered when SE had the ES2 promotion last month. let's hope they can be persuaded to share some pictures of their lastest acquisitions (when they come in).

Received my ES2 yesterday, no fancy custom art or ferrari red, it's beige colors for the ear-molds and the cable, look like hearing aids eh? But I like it this way :grin:

IPB Image

They are not what I expected, the treble, clarity and detail are not as good as I was expecting. They are very colored. This IEM is also extremely sensitive! I can hear hiss while music playing straight out of iPod. But anyway, the isolation is awesome (open jaw impressions), better than my e5c with grey nubbins and yellow foamies, and slightly better than the er4s with tri-flange (and not to mention that the ease of insertion).

As I am very used to Grado sound signature (this is not something good I believe), with ES2, I need to get the Treble Booster ON in my iPod in order to keep myself happy. Hoping to amp it with Tomahawk next month.

Yes, I think so, Absolute0 you are getting the Tomahawk too?! I read that ES2 has good synergy with Ray's amps, :party: