Sign in to follow this  
Slivester

Foams

Just acquired an iM716. Where to get foams that are better in isolation than those included with the package, and what kind?

erm i assume you are asking bout tips rt??

i personally prefer the tri-flange tips...

give it some time to season... or maybe you can try using the lotion to soften it..

anyway, if you find it uncomfortable,

you may try gttin the shure soft flex/ clear flex.. they are quite gd in terms of comfort...

im using the ety triflange where I cut the stem a little,

this self modded tri-flange feels softer better than the one provided in the package...

by the way,

you can get the forms from SE/ jaben...

Hope this helps...

:smoke:

(PS. if you're askin bout foamies... I think the shure foamies can be used... )

Edited by metrablue

Don't try the westone comply tips...

they dont fit the AL716...

tested it at jabens a while ago...

uncle wilson warn that it may snap the plastic...

Edited by metrablue

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, just join the forum. Got myself a pair of UM2 :thumbup: yestersday, just wonder is it worth to go for Custom Earmolds? And will it be expensive???

Whether it's worth it is highly subjective. Some prefer comfort and isolation regardless of the price, which should be around $100+ to $200.

As long as you don't lose them, they're generally a very good investment. They can last for several years instead of several weeks for foamies and several months for silicon tips. They also offer (usually) superior isolation and are near the top in sound.

Hi aaron-xp and absolut, thanks for the advice, will look into it. Not feeling very comfort with the current foam also. Think must go visit uncle Wilson again.... :D By the way absolut, how is the shure E500, initially thought of buying this also but the price is really very ex...

I got it at a very good price. But i forgot to add, a custom will also be the best in terms of comfort.

What about in terms of noise isolation?

What about in terms of noise isolation?

Definitely better in most cases.. If you can't get a good fit you can send it back for remoulding I think.