cheziyi

which MP3 Player should i get?

Which HDD (about 60-80GB) MP3 player has the best sound output? and what canal earphones should i get for a budget of 200? i have the cresyn but it isn't really isolated.

I have the ipod 5th gen. Or rather, i had it and then gave to my sister. I didn't really like the sound, the bass isn't crisp enough, nor is it deep enough. the highs are a bit lacking too.

But the ipod doesn't have a real line out.... anyway i am so totally out of the amp scene. what are the more popular amps and the price ranges?

Which HDD (about 60-80GB) MP3 player has the best sound output? and what canal earphones should i get for a budget of 200? i have the cresyn but it isn't really isolated.

Do you really need such a BIG HDD mp3 player?

If you don't, maybe you wanna try iAudio X5 and UM1 or 2nd hand UM2....

Well, it isn't so much of a concern is it? i checked cowon's website and there are 20, 30, and 60GB versions available. So i will just get the 60GB version then. Unless it isn't available in sg?

I recently got a Xenos amp from SE. I pair it with a UM1 and it sounded very good provided u dun play dwl songs larh. Eh, there is a large diff. The bass becomes more distinct and the sound becomes more clear. But i tink u should go down to Se and test urself. Probably u have a diff liking of music....

=))

It's rather difficult to find MP3 players with line-out these days. You can try to hunt for an old iriver H1xx or H3xx.

Anyway, what you said about the iPod sounding bad, I've never used an iPod before, but it seems to me like the earphones are the weak link. If the Cresyn is like the OEM I've heard, it might be just better earphones you need.

I recently got a Xenos amp from SE. I pair it with a UM1 and it sounded very good provided u dun play dwl songs larh. Eh, there is a large diff. The bass becomes more distinct and the sound becomes more clear. But i tink u should go down to Se and test urself. Probably u have a diff liking of music....

=))

If I am not wrong (I don't own an iPod), you can get a line out from it via the iPod dock. I also remember seeing some iPod dock connectors/line out cables and the like in this forum before.

Regards

CK

but the ipod don't have a dedicated line-out socket right? so how would you connect it to your amp?

IPB Image

That's how.

It's rather difficult to find MP3 players with line-out these days. You can try to hunt for an old iriver H1xx or H3xx.

It's very easy to find a player with line out nowadays but they are all not true line out. Even the Iriver H1xx & H3xx are also not true line out.