Sign in to follow this  
radioactive28

what the...?

I'm a skeptic and not sorry about it.

What sort of closet 'audiophile' plonks money down on something like this only for visual appreciation? Knowing how niche of a product this is, the intro here and on the eBay page sounds more like a bait for either the gullible or the totally ignorant with too much cash to spare.

What do you guys think? Am I looking at this with too narrow a view?

Or is no-one paying that thread any attention and I'm the only one getting worked up?

radioactive, I would agree with you. But I also know there are people out there with the bucks to spend and willing to part with it. I can't understand these people cos' I don't have the same spending power nor inclination. On the other hand, my wife thinks I am foolish to spend S$300 on a Beyer headphone which I obviously think is a wise investment. :P

"Investment: the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value."

Unless your beyers somehow generates money for you, it looks like an expenditure, not an investment, to me :)

"Investment: the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value."

Unless your beyers somehow generates money for you, it looks like an expenditure, not an investment, to me :)

Ahh, that is looking at things as an accountant. You know these poor people cannot enjoy life without looking at the cost etc. :D Don't be like that ok? :lol:

I meant returns in the enjoyment of life. Just imagine if I didn't buy a great headphone, only to find the source was lousy and then I wouldn't have started on this passion of diy headamps. Building things and then getting them work and sound great, that feeling is very hard to buy. You have to invest time and energy. The returns are profitable, in pleasure, just not $ and cents. :))

The returns are profitable, in pleasure, just not $ and cents. :))

well said :rclxms: