Xiao_Catz

ES1 the most unappreciated custom

i was planning to get one after CYN but after some searching around here,headfi

no one was reviewing/talking about it every one juz recommand ES2

But is it really so bad that not even a single person talks about it?

hope someone can answer this , really need an enlightment on this :S

Single-driver customs probably go for around the price of universal dual (e.g., UM2?)? If you check out ultimateears.com, the UE5 starts at a price higher than the triple.fi.

I think that's reason enough for most people, that it's probably not worth it.

In the end though, it's your money. If you love the UM1 and think highly enough of it, then go for it by all means.

Edited by radioactive28

actually i prefer Um1 more then Um2 ,the bass in Um2 are

overkill for me so thats y i choose Sf5 pro to be my mainstream dual driver instead

but if the sound in ES1 is kinda like Im716,Er4p then i won't hesitate to get one le

but u have to take it to account both Er4p and Um1 are single drive

and (correct me if i am wrong) no one here tried ES1 be4 so still a damn headache dunno go Es1 or universal Triple drive

Like u, i also like UM1 more than UM2, but still i went ahead with ES2. ES2 is totally different from UM2, i really enjoy it, sound real damn good. The treble is there, the bass is there, everything is there with great extension.

hmm will consider both ES1 and 2 but u tried Sf5 pro be4?

and is the bass in ES2 stronger or softer then Um2 cause i can't take heavy bass

haiz maybe i juz wait until Ws3 then plan on custom

actually i am planning to wait until Ws3 release then decide but saw no one was askin bout ES1 so jump in and ask lor

Or you can go for UE10Pro. By most accounts, they're like ER4P with more balanced bass. If you check out Headphone Haven, Ryner got a pair, and ahdui has already auditioned them.

Contrary to my expectation, they seem to be very well-extended on either ends without being too coloured.

ya i know UE10pro is the best choice but 900 USD it dun come cheap

+ 0 resale value so really have to think real hard

To clear some misconceptions, the UE10pro does not sound like the ER4P at all. I own both the ER4S and ER4B and have tried the P and they do not even sound similar to the UE10pro with custom earmoulds or without.

XiaoCatz : You might wanna consider the ES2, I love my pair as well, compared to my um2+um56, the ES2 has much better treble extension, cleaner and tighter bass, so you do not get much of the UM2's mid bass bloom. The overall presentation is also improved over the UM2, soundstage is wider and the separation is more distinct.

Regards

headache man now dunno wanna go ES1/2/Ue-5c or triple DAMN!

lol...

Braxton... instead of helping him decide, you're actually adding another choice.. haha..

erm.. ES2 is a good start in customs, should it gets faulty due to wear and tear and upgraditis hits you again, you can then consider UE10pro..

Oh ya, you should also look into the costs of repairing these phones if they give up on you.. Sensa 2X-S, for example, is quite infamous for having a short lifespan of 1.5-2years due driver problems partly because it has a soft silicon ear moulds.