Xiao_Catz

Go ES1/2 5c or Triple! help me decide

ES1/2 5c or Triple !  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd personally go with the SR325i, which would be around $450 (if I am not wrong). You can then buy a handphone (or be closer to the price of the phone you are targeting in the first place). Of course, you could try other headphones of that price range (K601, my personal favorite as a home headphone, HD595, AD900, A900, SR225 and MS2).

If you were to start listening at home, headphones are the way to go (in my humble opinion), but if you were to continue to listen on the go, you could sell off your current IEMs to fund the new Westone 3 (or ES2 or Triple fi., for that matter).

hey thanks for the advice

ya i tried afew of these cans u mentioned be4 nv tried K601*forget to mention in the above reply*

in the end i prefer grado's SR325i Sq and Ath's AD series is not bad also

MS2 is too bassy for me

Edited by Xiao_Catz

both but i used MDR XD300 for portable used be4 so i dun mind...bringing cans out

Eugen3 : Hmm... I really wonder, which universal can win a custom and which custom are you referring to ? I own a lot of top of the line universals from various brands and their flagship customs as well.

Unless of course you are talking about westone 3 and ES1 than I rest my case. :D

haha. my bad there. :D

anyway, do you happen to own the es1? seems like nobody does and i'm quite interested on getting one.

haha. my bad there. :D

anyway, do you happen to own the es1? seems like nobody does and i'm quite interested on getting one.

go check page 3/4 before u ask any silly question

Edited by Xiao_Catz

go check page 3/4 before u ask any silly question

eh dude i never see earlier lah how i know

dun have to say what silly question right. like you never asked one before.

Chill it guys.

Back to the portable/home use question -

The MDR XD300 is closed, right? That would make it slightly more "listenable" than an open-back on, especially while commuting in either noisy trains or buses. The only non-open back headphone in the list is the A900, which is so huge that it'd look rather ridiculous wearing it outside.

If you do use them at home, what would be the source, a computer with a soundcard? Or a DAP? Or, even better, a CDP? Some higher impedence headphones wouldn't really be able to be driven straight out from a DAP.

same same la :D

back to topic-

dun think its closed cause i can still hear quite alot of noise in trains and music will leak out

i used on my com with Xi-fi/audigy 2 ZS and 5G ipod so impedence is not really an issue

actually i like grado's sound and ATH AD series too

i prefer more mids and highs rather then low end bass

Edited by Xiao_Catz

if thats the case i think you should go for the westones. they sound quite like grados in an IEM and offer good isolation for commuting purposes. also they are more portable than cans which can take up alot of space in your bag.

i have already owned a um1 but i dislike um2's SQ cause its bass was overpowered

thats y i am using Sf5 pro as my mainstream Dual D

Edited by Xiao_Catz

xiao_catz u should really go for triple as in Westone3 which u are waiting for it rather then u go custom

0 resell value makes it very risky if u screwed it big time

was totally aware of that :D

Edited by Xiao_Catz

haiz i think i will be most likely going ES2

even the stupid 4D also want me to get Es2 :doh:

buy 3512 it came out 3522 3th prize :doh:

Edited by Xiao_Catz

nope haven gotten them yet am waiting for WS3 to release here then see how