Sign in to follow this  
kross

new projects?

Hi guys, been a while since I visit here. So anyone engaging in any new projects? Recently I am thinking of starting on a ss amp for headphones since I already has 2 tube. Maybe the M3 or the CKIII from headwize.

Anyone cares to update me on this?? (Maybe will have to commit after my busy period is over though.. :D )

Cheers!

I am very very keen on the CKIII. amb.org has the pcbs, and even sell some of the parts where matching might be useful, i think...

problem is I can only start sometime in August, when i'll be having my holidays....everyday now just reading about diy stuff....can cry....

Boo hoo.... I have lots of pcb in my cupboard just waiting to be populated. No time, no time. I think this is a Singaporean's curse. Even my SOHA is still waiting to be cased. What tube amps you built, Kross?

What? Kross? Amp5 not finished? You don't know what you are missing! Sweet amp, man. Jia you!

i want to finish up the AMP 5...i bought it because I am thinking of getting speakers..but right now I got no space for speakers leh..so I should be taking my very own sweet time to get it done...lol

I am considering the CKIII because I want to try some SS amps since I already have the SOHA and the MHHA already....so what you guys think??

CK, is that DAC superior to what I have inside my Marantz CD6000??

i want to finish up the AMP 5...i bought it because I am thinking of getting speakers..but right now I got no space for speakers leh..so I should be taking my very own sweet time to get it done...lol

I am considering the CKIII because I want to try some SS amps since I already have the SOHA and the MHHA already....so what you guys think??

CK, is that DAC superior to what I have inside my Marantz CD6000??

I am not sure, I have not tried yet. The Non-oversampling DAC is supposed to sound very analog and smooth compared to the single-bit (Sigma Delta) DACs used in most of the new players.

Wah, 2 headamps liao still building more? Try something different lah. :P

Regards

CK

haha...ya lor...so trying SS instead of tube ma..something different still right..haha..

hmmm..just lazy to check it up...how much does the non-oversampling DAC cost?? from diyparadise is it?? I kind of like that website..have many interesting stuff...

Wah, 2 headamps liao still building more? Try something different lah. :P

That's the problem with this hobby. The building is so fun, continue to built whether need amp or not. And what to do with the amps after you built them? Hmm... I am thinking of selling my PPA liao. Dunno whether got interest or not.

Edited by heady

haha...ya lor...so trying SS instead of tube ma..something different still right..haha..

hmmm..just lazy to check it up...how much does the non-oversampling DAC cost?? from diyparadise is it?? I kind of like that website..have many interesting stuff...

The Monica 2 costs around RMB 315, so it's $150+ here. AHFartaudio also has a non-oversampling DAC kit for just $160. It has both tube output and op-amp outputs. Now I dunno which way to go. :P

You might want to get one of these and integrate a headphone amp into it... might be interesting.

That's the problem with this hobby. The building is so fun, continue to built whether need amp or not. And what to do with the amps after you built them? Hmm... I am thinking of selling my PPA liao. Dunno whether got interest or not.

Yeah, that's the trouble. Too many things to build, too little time. I had wanted to build a PPA before, but no time. Wanted to start a SOHA to try something tube-based but no time too, and now this DAC thing is tempting me. :P

I have a cased AMP3 and an uncased MINT lying around :P META42 is still getting active use. :cans:

Regards

CK

Edited by ckng