Sign in to follow this  
Proton

Earsoft FX

I havn seen before those Disposable Foam Ear Plugs.

Why not get those Ear plugs that is used in army?

Cheap and you could use it for many months unlike foams which needs to be throw after about 2 weeks.

Edited by dle4e_2005

It is sort of like a SAF mini mart near old Sembawang Road.(I often got my stuff from that shop)

Heres the map of it from streetdirectory.com.(The shop is over at the star)

IPB Image

Edited by dle4e_2005

Check out pharmacies.

Some carry this brand Bilsom, which does hearing protection.

The packaging is a small yellow box about the size of a matchbox.

Sets you back $1.50 for a pair of Comply-like foam earplugs. Washable too, but ultimately has to be disposed.

Interesting, I'll look out for them the next time I am at Guardian or something.

Edited by Proton

The foam doesn't has holes in them right ? and how many are there in a pack ?

Full earplugs for hearing protection, so no holes there.

The Bilsom ones are sold in a pair.

There's also a more common brand that more of the pharmacies carry, meant for air travellers who want isolation. Their material is like that of the yellow foamies, and they come 6 (3 pairs) in a pack. Can't remember the cost though.

To take this even further, this more common brand (sorry, don't remember the name) also has moldable wax-like earplugs.

The material isn't exactly the softest, but, hey, they're moldable. 6 in a pack too.

Making DIY tips?

Edited by radioactive28

There's also a more common brand that more of the pharmacies carry, meant for air travellers who want isolation. Their material is like that of the yellow foamies, and they come 6 (3 pairs) in a pack. Can't remember the cost though.

To take this even further, this more common brand (sorry, don't remember the name) also has moldable wax-like earplugs.

The material isn't exactly the softest, but, hey, they're moldable. 6 in a pack too.

Making DIY tips?

Probably, still sourcing for the right materials to start. Apparently, Earsoft FX are known to give good results.

Making DIY tips?

More about the moldable earplugs ? where to get them and price ? :)