Sign in to follow this  
sWirL

Zen Micro....should I get amp?

Using a Zen micro with Triple.Fi.

Will like to seek opinion from experts here on whether a portable amp will improve the sound from my zen micro or will it be negligible?

Thanks! :cans::cans:

There will be difference but seeing u have a zen micro, having an amp technically destroys the micro of it lol. Depends on the amp the difference will also be different. U can browse around the forum or web and see the amps characteristic.

Hmm triple.fi, seems that quite a large amount of ppl here have them already lol.

Edited by tassardar_

yeah true...it won't be that micro anymore....

maybe a ipod nano or shuffle with amp will make a better portable choice..

haha...more people having the triple.fi...is that a good or bad thing? :P

Let's say you'll hear a difference most of the time with a decent portable amp and interconnect, but whether the difference you hear justify carrying another device depends on you.... ( look at tassardar :whistle: )

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Best way, go down and try out some ICs and amps. If you hear a difference, decide if it's worth the trouble. If you don't, there's no need to go to all that trouble.

Our opinions matter zilch because we don't have your ears.

For me i already ditch away my hornet n portaphile cause its a hassle maintain the cables and bringing the extra load when my mp3 player is already tat big lol. (Zen Vision)

But yeah there will be some difference but not every one can hear it. Its true that triple.fi will no doubt gain some extra detail + flavoring but its really dependent on you

haha..yeah I heard it from Aron @ SE this afternoon while PPKiller get his 595.

Really too bulky to bring an amp around in my opinion after checking one portable one out.

Maybe a better sounding mp3 player would suffice. :)

Weight/size does't really matter if really like the sound.

I think I should upgrade my current pairs of cans.

keep in mind that micro only has a headphone out, so the signal's pre-amped. so it wont save u from poor amping by micro in the 1st place. it does definitely still improve the sound, just not by as much as it could've.

Perhaps u can get a portable player with a line out? That way it does more wonders with a amp, instead of double amping. Wish u all the best!