Sign in to follow this  
The Audio Hub

Recommend new cans.

Bit of a noob to the Can world, but i'm thinking of retiring my ATH-F55.

It served me well and it doesn't stinks from sweat.

Anyone can recommend me some nice cans that are used on the go?

Build for abuse and doesn't have sweat absorbing material.

Oh i'm using X5L, theres no need for an amp right?

Edited by weibchen

If you don't mind you can try the MS1, leaving you about $200 for the amps.

People say its bad for using on the go because its open cans, I just bought it and used it anyways.

MS-1 is ok as a portable headphone if you usually pump your music really loud but two issues,

1. Bad for your ears, although once in a while its ok but daily.....

2. You might have problems with music with soft passages, be it classical or new age.

3. By the time you can't hear the environment, the person beside will hear what you're playing. You don't mind but others might.

I personally listen to a Grado outside once in a while during the off peak when I'm not driving as its quieter and I don't have to worry disturbing my neighbours.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

MS-1 is ok as a portable headphone if you usually pump your music really loud but two issues,

1. Bad for your ears, although once in a while its ok but daily.....

2. You might have problems with music with soft passages, be it classical or new age.

3. By the time you can't hear the environment, the person beside will hear what you're playing. You don't mind but others might.

I personally listen to a Grado outside once in a while during the off peak when I'm not driving as its quieter and I don't have to worry disturbing my neighbours.

I agree. But I dun really use them when I am on the train and stuff. I'd go deaf :P.

Thats why I carry my UM1s with me now a days around with the comply foam tips which makes them more comfortable.

In my price range of about $200, I decided that this was the best sounding :wub: and decided to buy it.

Which Grado? RS-1? :shocking:

So grados?

But what i'm afraid is that when i sweat, the foam absorbs it and it gets really stink after awhile.

Is it interchangeable the foams so that i can wash it?

Its removable and washable. You can buy spares if you like. I do.

So grados?

But what i'm afraid is that when i sweat, the foam absorbs it and it gets really stink after awhile.

Is it interchangeable the foams so that i can wash it?

The foams is interchangeable and washable, but if you wash many times it will eventually becomes softer and softer finally disintegrated.

I will second the recommendation on HD25-1, supra-aural closed cans and it sounds *close* to a grado.

strange no one has mentioned the ES-7. try that out as well, you get a free mirror and tons of style points by wearing THOSE on the streets. really great lows and vocals in my opinion :))

Tried the MS1 today, absolutely loved it

Any other recommendations, i think the alessandro/grado line cans are just right for me.

Also i think my DAP not enough power to drive it, have to push it to near max for the MS1 to sing properly.

Thinking of a Portable headamp, any recommendations?

And what time do Jaben open? i went there at 1 today still close..Zzzz

Tried the MS1 today, absolutely loved it

Any other recommendations, i think the alessandro/grado line cans are just right for me.

Also i think my DAP not enough power to drive it, have to push it to near max for the MS1 to sing properly.

Thinking of a Portable headamp, any recommendations?

And what time do Jaben open? i went there at 1 today still close..Zzzz

Haha. The same thing happened to me like 2 weeks ago. :lol: Was looking for closed cans but ended up with MS1 in the end.

Jaben close till monday I think, when Uncle Wilson is back. :yes:

You can try the crossroads amp, the mini-D, xtra X-1 or if you want to go high end the Hornet M or Tomahawk :thumbup: