Sign in to follow this  
Fire_jk18

Interconnects

What cable did you compared with the VDH with? Did you compared it with the signalcable?

Are you using any form of lossless material? MP3 will probably not good enough to tell difference between the cables ...

U mention the silver ref analogue cables rite? Ya it was those. Yup i use wav lossless recordings ay 1411kbps. Haha 1 file is like very big.

U mention the silver ref analogue cables rite? Ya it was those. Yup i use wav lossless recordings ay 1411kbps. Haha 1 file is like very big.

Did you get it from signalcable.com? With what termination? Is the cable signal cable silver reference mini?

Did you get it from signalcable.com? With what termination? Is the cable signal cable silver reference mini?

No not from signal. I went to SE to try. U know the OFC silvers they sell. A little to bright for me liking.

No not from signal. I went to SE to try. U know the OFC silvers they sell. A little to bright for me liking.

So you compared with the Ultimate Link Silver reference. I see. :doh:

Actually I also have this cable. I would say give them some time to run-in. Usually silver cable takes longer time to run-in then copper. This cable is on the detail side but you should not find them too bright ...

BTW, which shop did you buy the VDH silver hybrid cable? They solder the stereo mini plug for you? Do they have the switchcraft mini plug? damn big but damn solid...

Hmm Im now also looking for interconnects from my cdp => Amp. Anyone can recommand the type of cable to use? It had to be short and be able to bend. Silver reference seems to fit my bill as of now but still looking to alternative.

I second the recommendation on Grover's interconnect, you can search more info in head-fi or SH forum.

if you're getting RCA cables usually they don't run short unless you self terminate, but most of them tend to bend ok.

I bought this one from ahfartaudio, the 3001

http://www.neotechcable.com/audio_copper.htm

very solid performer for 199sgd (if i remember correctly); robert also has a 20 (or 30?) day money back guarantee, so worth auditioning...

Edited by loop_