Sign in to follow this  
erwin

Advice on earphone gift for Ipod user

Hi,

I would like to buy a clipon, earbud or In-ear type earphone for an Ipod user who currently uses stock ipod earphone.

Can someone recommend me a 'safe' upgrade, meaning I don't want a model that maybe has too shrill treble, or too boomy bass (though I presume ipod can just turn down bass control). Only requirement is that is sounds clearly better than Ipod's stock earphone.

Budget $100-$200.

Thanks!

Hi,

I would like to buy a clipon, earbud or In-ear type earphone for an Ipod user who currently uses stock ipod earphone.

Can someone recommend me a 'safe' upgrade, meaning I don't want a model that maybe has too shrill treble, or too boomy bass (though I presume ipod can just turn down bass control). Only requirement is that is sounds clearly better than Ipod's stock earphone.

Budget $100-$200.

Thanks!

Sounds like this is going to be a gift of surprise huh? Actually, it's better to personally try out the IEMs before buying. I like UE but many people complain it's uncomfortable to wear... Most of the earphone in the market sounds differently and it's all about individual preference ...

How 'bout the ck9? :P Abit over your budget but they sound great. I guess any IEM upgrade from stock apple earbuds would sound better for that matter. And I second the mylar3s too. Really decent for its price.

Most people suggested IEM and it should be a safe bet in terms of SQ improvement against original ipod ear buds. However, you should check with the gift receiver if he/she like IEM or not... Not everyone likes to have something shafted into their ear canals ...

just get a Mylar3 and be done with it, i have heard it myself and did some comparison with the DTX50 and superfi 3. safe bet to say the Mylar3 wins these 2, bearing in mind these earphones are 2-3 times the price of the mylar3.

Mylar3+ UE biflanges= cheap but wonderful audio bliss and less than $100 SGD :))

Thanks for all the info guys.

sorry if i bit newbie, where to get the mylar3 and price? jaben website has mylarone and mylarone x3 only?

Yeah, it's a surprise gift so can't really audition. The recipient uses ipod a lot takes the London tube (much noisier than our MRT) so IEM is much preferred to earbud/clipons for noise isolation.

Edited by erwin

sorry if i bit newbie, where to get the mylar3 and price? jaben website has mylarone and mylarone x3 only?

Yeah, it's a surprise gift so can't really audition. The recipient uses ipod a lot takes the London tube (much noisier than our MRT) so IEM is much preferred to earbud/clipons for noise isolation.

In this case Mylar3 is a no-brianer...

mylarone x3 == mylar three IIANM..

if u r around singapore, best bet to go jaben directly in adelphi, across funan digitalife mall

Second the Mylar3s. They're available at Jaben, The Adelphi level 4 corner unit. Should cost round $65 I think.