Sign in to follow this  
erwin

Advice on earphone gift for Ipod user

this is gonna be a little out of context, but i think it may be a better option. I would say buy an portable amp for ur friend, some of them are around that price range, but it really improves the i-pod sound alot, something like the i-basso t1/t2. But if u really want a headphone, i would suggest Yuin pk2 or i-grado, those thing sound great, in the case of the i-grado, it wouldn't be as intrusive as an IEM.

If your friend has an ipod, he may prefer something which fits the apple theme. So if he isn't big on sound, you might want to get him the apple in ears. They match the ipod better than good iems.

You guys do realize that the thread starter posted this at the end of April, almost 5 months ago, right?

I wonder what happened in the end.

i suppose erwin has alr bought the earphone, but i suppose this is what audiophiles do most of the time, give advice to others who may not even be listening.

i saw a really great pair of earphones as a gift recently, but mainly for female friends, the audio technica ck1, tried them out too, decent sound, great presentation, not too expensive.

saw the colourful array of CK1s at changi airport. they look definately look nice as a gift, especially if they sound decent.

have a pair of CK7s and quite like the audio technica sound. should give the CK1s a spin sometime.

Given their poor build quality, I'm not sure you'd want to give a Mylar3 as a present,

It can leave a bad impression for whoever you are giving it to, esp when it breaks down.

Edited by dcarter

I own Shure's SE210s. They are very nice for the money. You could easily find them for $150 and under. They come with a nice carrying case as well which goes well with the whole gift giving thing. Good luck.