Sign in to follow this  
k3vlar

advice on IEM and Aurvana

hi guys, i am new to this forum and i have need help :D

i am able to get a pair of new and sealed zen aurvana for SGD$80 from a person selling it off as he got it as a gift

it will be an upgrade from my koss ksc75 which i am using now, and also the koss being a little unportable if i need to keep them in pockets.

for that price, would it be a wise upgrade?

i am not an audiophile ( yet )

hi guys, i am new to this forum and i have need help :D

i am able to get a pair of new and sealed zen aurvana for SGD$80 from a person selling it off as he got it as a gift

it will be an upgrade from my koss ksc75 which i am using now, and also the koss being a little unportable if i need to keep them in pockets.

for that price, would it be a wise upgrade?

i am not an audiophile ( yet )

Should try to listen to the earphone with your portable source (perhaps in the creative showroom) before you commit, just to make sure you like how it sounds....

good value i think, the aurvana is retailing at $180 or so i think?

BUT

$80, is enough for a pair of Mylar3 and UE biflanges, which i believe top the aurvana.

to be honest, i thought the aurvana is WAY over priced, doesnt deliver the sound for its price, would rather go with a superfi 3, which is even cheaper.

but then again, if you like the aurvana's go ahead! we all listen differently and have different emphasis on what we want to listen to :))

its comfortable for me, i used it on my ipod. sounds better than my ksc75

but i wanna ask is $80 good value?

If you are talking about value in SQ, then it's vary from one person to another...

good value i think, the aurvana is retailing at $180 or so i think?

BUT

$80, is enough for a pair of Mylar3 and UE biflanges, which i believe top the aurvana.

to be honest, i thought the aurvana is WAY over priced, doesnt deliver the sound for its price, would rather go with a superfi 3, which is even cheaper.

but then again, if you like the aurvana's go ahead! we all listen differently and have different emphasis on what we want to listen to :))

Agreed. The retail price of aurvana is high compared to some other more established products out there.

If given a $80 budget, should definitely give Mylar3 a listen before you decide...I think you can check it out at Jaben at The Adelphi building ...

i see.. thanks guys, i'll get the aurvana first and if i dun like it after a period of usage, i'll sell it off at hardwarezone or vrzone. they'll be willing to get used ones for 60 to 70 ^_^

den i'll go to jaben to check out the phones there

i just got it...

initially very good to my ears

but even to my untrained ears... after a while.. it became distinctly average?

any ways to boost the sound?

i just got it...

initially very good to my ears

but even to my untrained ears... after a while.. it became distinctly average?

any ways to boost the sound?

If its new consider letting it burn in.

Besides that.. You might want to consider an amp :lol:

Let the poison spread :party:

how do i let it burn in?

its a new set

i see... whats the most portable amp around?

i am new to all this ^_^

Here, read this.

Read that for the running in part.

If your definition of portable is small, then the "most" portable ones budget ones that you can find somewhat easily in Singapore off the shelves would be either the MiniBox-D that just came in at Jabens or the iBasso T1 that just arrived at SE :thumbup:

how do i let it burn in?

its a new set

i am new to all this ^_^

Well, since you're new to this and we are on this topic, let me throw you off:

Burning-in of balanced armature IEMs (like the Aurvana) is very much a topic of contention.

Proponents hear what they want, opponents do not hear what they do not want; sound and hearing being so subjective, it's almost impossible to say who's right or wrong about it.

Ditto for IEMs requiring an amp (unless you're using the amp to effect EQ).

Make a trip down, try out the equipment on your player, and decide if the difference you hear justifies shelling out the extra cash and reducing the portability.

:b2t

If you decide to get the Aurvana or have already done so, adding some inline impedance should tighten up the muddy (IMO) bass somewhat and improve clarity.

how do i let it burn in?

its a new set

i am new to all this ^_^

Better let the earphone burn-in first. You can just connect it to a radio, set the volume to average listening volume and let it play for several days. Different earphone has different burn in duration...

A good quality amp will make a good earphone better, but not necessary make an average one better ...

Edited by hnx676