nothing

Any Headphone Recommandation ? Advice Needed.

Hi, I'm one day old on this forum and i'm super confuse over what headphone i should get for my Sony NW-A1000 walkman. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

:)

I've read lot's of review about Sennheiser PX range of headphones recently but i still could not decided if:

- PX 100 or 200 is better.

Or

- PMX 100 or 200 is better.

*Better in the sense of it's overall structure and sound.

I'll be using it outdoor for most of the times.. mp3 while on the move and laptop while in the school library.

Plz advice.

Thanks.

Have you considered IEM's? They have much better sound quality for the price especially the new generation.

Edited by Singapura

u can top up abit more and get the ue superfi 3. they sound quite nice for the price. abit higher than ur budget onli. abit onli. abit.

Second luc1986 and Singapura. Give IEMs a shot they're small in size but big on music. With regards to headphones, for outdoor use avoid open cans. Not too sure if it's the PX or PMX series which are open back. Ie. they leak sound in and music out. Therefore, big no no for outdoor use.

Edited by nofing

Hey, I just like to know about your opinion about AKG271S.

I am currently using the HD280 Pro for 2 years. And as I preferred a closed sound isolation headphone so I had not much choices left.

I am more into Jazz, Pop, Vocal & all kinds of nice sentimental music but not into rock, heavy metal, hip-hop & disco type songs.

Thanks in advance.

Well many ppl have said the Px100 is better than the PX200, even thought it is cheaper. I agree with Singapura that IEMS will be better for $ if u are thinking of below $150. But the PX100 is also not bad its about $70 plus i believe. A gd entry mini( its not a full headphone) headphone for its price. Plus its foldable!

Well many ppl have said the Px100 is better than the PX200, even thought it is cheaper. I agree with Singapura that IEMS will be better for $ if u are thinking of below $150. But the PX100 is also not bad its about $70 plus i believe. A gd entry mini( its not a full headphone) headphone for its price. Plus its foldable!

Haha..yeah..a lot of people said the PX100 is better the PX200..I own a PX200, but have never listened to a PX100, so i can't say which one I would prefer..

But I believe my eventual choice will still be the PX200..because I like noise isolation..I hate listening to my favourite tune on a train and a kid beside me is screaming his head away, drowning out my favourite tune.. :grin:

You might want to consider getting rkivie's Grado SR-60 in the Classifieds. I am pretty sure if's better than all the cans you listed, but do note that it's open (leaks sound) and might not be the most suitable for portable use except in quiet environments.

PX200 is a closed can while PX100 is an open can. If you want to use it outdoor, get the PX200. But one thing is the sound quality of px100 is way better than that of the Px200. More punchy bass and smoother treble. i used to own them but my px200 just broke down recently but it doesnt matter to me anymore cause IEMs are the IN THING now!

Edited by primus

I personally felt IEMs jam my ears and i have an uncomfortable feeling with them...and even low volumes make my ears crackle and weird sensations in my ears.

What's wrong?

agree, IEM might be the best choice soundwise. Maylar X3 got a glowing review, and it is below ur budget I think. But I cannot comment on it since I don't have it...

EC7 is also a good buy if you can find it within ur budget (second hand), the clarity is good, the soundstage is not bad for bud, the bass is the weakness of this bud. It is there, accurate, but lack of "fun" factor. As for classical or jazz... for portable where the surounding noise is presence, it would be enough for me.

I personally felt IEMs jam my ears and i have an uncomfortable feeling with them...and even low volumes make my ears crackle and weird sensations in my ears.

What's wrong?

Hi Fizban,

A few months back I was feeling the same, because I was not comfortable with sticking ear plugs into my ears, and I really hate the microphonics feeling (ears hearing strange echoes, especially while walking).

But introduction and rave reviews of some popular and affordable canal phones like the OVC TC20 and Mylarone, plus my need for something portable, non-leaking and preferably isolating led me to try them out.

It took me a while to get use to and for the microphonics of the canal phones to settle. Some users suggested round the ear wearing method and the use of the clip to counter the microphonics. Sometimes, a change of a more suitable tip may solve the problem too, besides changing the SQ.

Now I am happily using either the pristinely clear mylarone X3 or the more bassy XB to isolate me from children cries, inconsiderately loud ramblings or other undesired noises while I am in public commute. And while I am enjoying my selections of music in my DAP. Cool.

But it's up to you if you may want to try canal phones for sometime to see if you can get use to it.

Cheers. :party:

hmmm... maybe you can go a bit above your budget?

for portable use, IEMs will be better. maybe the super.fi3, um1 or something. but if you want something much cheaper, but no compromise of the SQ, i think mylar 2 and 3 will do the trick. the mylars are really good given their price, so much that i think they're better than some 100+ IEMs ( no offence here, it's subjective). to me, the mylars are really the little devils that you wont regret. :)

if they're above your budget and you dont wanna spend over it, consider the classifieds, they're pretty good. :)

Edited by aloy