Sign in to follow this  
Shiro MS08th

Crossroad MylarThree Review

Good for you heady!

Maybe my ears are more sensitive or my home setup, I can hear the shrill, cause I purposely find those songs with high notes to test the highs for this earphones.

Glad you like it dude! :)

nope your ears are just fine. i find the M3 alittle grainy and unrefined too but most people maynot notice it unless they have something more refined as a reference. but what the hell, one cant expect champagne for the price of beer. overall, its great value for the $$$.

lol mylar3 tt gd??, how well can it be compared to?? going 2 jaben soon 2 try it :))

anyway i bot my sf3 and its burning in :grin: , cant wait 2 use it

lol mylar3 tt gd??, how well can it be compared to?? going 2 jaben soon 2 try it :))

anyway i bot my sf3 and its burning in :grin: , cant wait 2 use it

I dun know dude but i haf ppl telling me that the myler3 are more value for $ than the spf3 and evnr the spf5. But Whether they are better only ur eyes will tell. But wat can we expect as the mylers are a fraction the price of the UE

nope your ears are just fine. i find the M3 alittle grainy and unrefined too but most people maynot notice it unless they have something more refined as a reference. but what the hell, one cant expect champagne for the price of beer. overall, its great value for the $$$.

I think first, we have individual taste in sound and then the overall setup also make a difference. For example, for me, the iem is for listening on the go, so it means pairing it with a DAPand a portable amp (if possible). So, I would not compare it to my DT880 using a CD player and a PPA for example. Maybe for fun I will do it but I won't be disappointed if it isn't as good as the home setup.

Which is why I think it is important to audition audio equipment with your own ears, using music you are familiar with, before commiting to a purchase. Of course, I often break my own rule and just as often get disappointed. Silly me -_-

And that is what this set of characters are for: YMMV :))

if u can get access to a Zune, just try the M3 offa the headout. its crazy good i tell ya. Zune/M3 is now my alternate fun/casual portable rig and IMO sounds much better than the 1gen shuffle/M3 or 5g ipod/M3 pairing.

btw YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary. LOL!

btw YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary. LOL!

Exactly. Or as we ancients say "one man's meat is another man's poison" :grin:

Exactly. Or as we ancients say "one man's meat is another man's poison" :grin:

hey heady it just occured to me that i might have inadvertently stepped on your toes with my initial post. let me set the record straight by declaring there was NO intention on my part to infer that u cant discern any sonic differences nor do i mean that u do not posess equipment of reference quality. i was merely agreement with the OP and offering a reason why.

as is my wanton habit, i wrote faster than common sense dictates - the proverbial "sticking my foot in my mouth" :doh: . you're right of course in that we all hear differently and its neither better nor worse. pardon my poor choice of words :bash::blush::sweat:

My AT CK7 just spoiled, maybe pressed somewhere, and the left phone plastic broke :(

Considering Mylar 3 or the Creative EP-630 clones ( http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=7575 ).

Is there any all black M3 available? Anyone ever compared it with EP-630 or Razer m100?

Thanks! :)

Edited by bpribadi

hey heady it just occured to me that i might have inadvertently stepped on your toes with my initial post. let me set the record straight by declaring there was NO intention on my part to infer that u cant discern any sonic differences nor do i mean that u do not posess equipment of reference quality. i was merely agreement with the OP and offering a reason why.

as is my wanton habit, i wrote faster than common sense dictates - the proverbial "sticking my foot in my mouth" :doh: . you're right of course in that we all hear differently and its neither better nor worse. pardon my poor choice of words :bash::blush::sweat:

scottiebabie - no, I did not perceive that. But I was wondering in what way you disagreed with me when it seems we are in agreement. Which is why I said "exactly". Don't worry, no offense taken as none was intended. Thanks for confirming though. I appreciate your maturity.

My AT CK7 just spoiled, maybe pressed somewhere, and the left phone plastic broke :(

Considering Mylar 3 or the Creative EP-630 clones ( http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=7575 ).

Is there any all black M3 available? Anyone ever compared it with EP-630 or Razer m100?

Thanks! :)

bpribadi, Jaben's current stock is black. At least mine is black and no one asked me if I wanted any other colour. Beware of the beautiful case's colour. It's shocking RED!! :rclxub: Wilson said so we can find it at the bottom of a dark bag. :))

bpribadi, Jaben's current stock is black. At least mine is black and no one asked me if I wanted any other colour. Beware of the beautiful case's colour. It's shocking RED!! :rclxub: Wilson said so we can find it at the bottom of a dark bag. :))

Thanks Heady! I mean, the red part on the back near the cable, is it also black? Or Red :rclxub: ? I don't want it looks like red earrings from a far :))

One picture is worth a thousand words.... :))

Mylar3.jpg

Thanks Heady!

So it is one black and one red :D I might get a pair and then paint it all black with Tamiya paint :D

I bought Mylar 3 and Mylar 1 XB (extra bass) to replace my broken CK7. Really satisfied with both of them :D Thanks to all of you for the recommendations!

I compared them with creative Zen microphoto, MP3 320 kbps, various songs, from classical, pop/vocal, jazz, I would say they sound similar. Only a tad different, the Mylar 1 XB lower bass is a tad more extended, and the highs is a tad smoother. So I choose Mylar 1 XB for the sound and the looks :) But really, only a tad different, I think most people will find them sound very similar.

FYI, The Mylar 1 XB is about SGD 10.- more expensive, and to me it looks better :D