wind30

front soundstage?

Hi People,

Is it possible to get front soundstage via Headphones?

I have a pair of Grado SR80 and am thinking of getting a dolby headphone decoder or something to get a front sound stage.

I find the in your head music is quite tiring listening for long periods.

Is there any product out there that can accomplish this? My source is my MP3 player :)

thanks in advance

Crossfeed does help with the unnatural left/right seperation that headphones offer. Both headroom and meier audio build/make headphone amplifiers with crossfeed.

Hmm the way i intepret is u find the music to be inside ur head as in all the music is squashed up and very in the face? Thats because grado signature is partially the cause of it . They give the feeling of being next or in the performance. Crossfeeding/EAX/Virtualizations are one of the ways to counter it. however as you are still using a grado the music will still feel upfront. If u want to have a feeling of the music around u instead of inside, getting headphones like akg k501, ATH A/AD series would be an alternative also. But if u like grado signature theres nth much u can do abt it unless u get the GS1k which is grado with soundstage :P

someone suggested beyer DT990.

Is that good? Any good shops to get my headphones?

My budget is around $300-$400... Hopefully. Can go upwards but prefer not to.

What I want is music coming from the front inside of stuck in my head..... my source is MP3 running from a nokia N95

The headroom amps are very expensive huh, seems to be upwards of $1k.

Edited by wind30

Hmm then get a headphone would be ur best bet lol. A ATH A900. Maybe look for a second hand one would be nice. For crossfeed, actually they will only help a little though. The cheapest one would be a iBasso or C&C amp but they are portables and aint very good :P

Hmm then get a headphone would be ur best bet lol. A ATH A900. Maybe look for a second hand one would be nice. For crossfeed, actually they will only help a little though. The cheapest one would be a iBasso or C&C amp but they are portables and aint very good :P

I agree. This is possibly one of the better setups you can get with $300.