Sign in to follow this  
Fizban

Budget newbie CDP

SACD = Super Audio CD

CDP vs PCDP... how to compare?! it's like asking which is better, PSP or PS3...

In terms of sound quality a dedicated CD Player will almost always trump a portable CD Player. As for SACD it's well supposed to be one of the replacement formats for CD that offers more information for the machine (the SACD Player) to read. Sometime after the introduction of CD way back in the 80's, people found that they still prefered vinyl over CDs (at least those fussy folks like us). SACD and DVD-A are supposed to be the answer to the limitations of the CD format.

Hey guys!

Paiseh got to bother you people a bit hor!

I wanna get a cd-player, budget lah...newbie wan....

Looking at Marantz CD5001....can hor?

But i hear from my friend that Denon makes extremely decent cd-players as well, so i should consider it.

How is the "Denon sound" like?

And where can i find them?

Oh and er....

I really dunno about such things but...

will it be ok if i plug my aego-m to the marantz?

do i need to do anything else?

Will it be SWEEEET? :beer:

Hi Fizban,

You can listen the Oppo player at X Audio and TS Lim Mod Marantz player at Sky Audio. The shops are in Bukit Timah Plaza.

You can bring your headphone amp(if you have one) and your headphone(if you have one) over to try out.

You can try the Diva headphone amp(if it's still there) and they should have a AKG 240(if it's still there) around also at Sky Audio.

Not sure if X Audio has any headphone amp, seldom go to Bukit Timah Plaza already.

:cans:

Hi Guys,

Do compare the old MARANTZ CDP CD63,CD72...they sounded much better than the newer version. You can quite easily find it second hand most of these had been already been modded by TS Lim.

Just my personal view.

Cheers

i was at adelphi on Sunday. (bad day to go.. most shops were closed). anyway, most of the shops on the ground floor and basement carries the marantz CD5001 - check them out =)