Sign in to follow this  
sleepyhello

Feedback & recommendation (Bassy earphones)

Hi I need recommendation on bassy earphones. Anyone owns or tried the following earphones? :helpsmilie: Need feedback on them>

d-jays

j-jays

IM716

HK EP 730

JBL reference 220 HT

V-moda vibe (need more feedback)

I have tried Crossroads, e2c (not so bad), DTX-50 & v-moda vibe and sf3 (not bassy enough) and would like more inputs & advices from you people. Thank you!

I have the Altec iM716 and JBL reference 220 available for demo, you might want to add the Goldring GX-200 in your list too.

You could alternatively get the ibasso T1 or T2 ( advertise a bit lol ) which has the bass switch, match with a bassier interconnect ( possible to get below $30) and instant bass enhancement. By the way, the iM716 would only sound good with amping.

I used to have the d-jays and I don't recall they sound even close to bassy.

HK EP730 looks almost like the iM716 but sounds a little more aggressive in the bass mode BUT i prefer the highs and mids of the iM716.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

search no more, the superfi5 EB is the bass king of them all

dont be deceived by their initial sound, after burn in, it will sound MUCH better. if i am not mistaken stereo is clearing stock for those(which i think is quite unpopular)

the superfi 5EB sounds like a pair of subwoofers attached to your head!!! :rclxub:

I have the j-Jays & find the bass fairly good but not thumping, subwoofer deep though. B) For that you should try out the earphones that come with the Motorola SoundPilot Bluetooth Stereo headset. :whistle:

dont be deceived by their initial sound, after burn in, it will sound MUCH better. if i am not mistaken stereo is clearing stock for those(which i think is quite unpopular)

the superfi 5EB sounds like a pair of subwoofers attached to your head!!! :rclxub:

That's true ( On the pair of subwoofers attached comment) , except since not everyone likes the fit on Ultimate Ears, the bigger 5EB can be quite a rock to fit into your ears.

I have the j-Jays & find the bass fairly good but not thumping, subwoofer deep though. B) For that you should try out the earphones that come with the Motorola SoundPilot Bluetooth Stereo headset. :whistle:

Bluetooth? :blink:

How about the Mylar2 /XB? Those are rather bassy to right? But the superfi5EBs have the added advantage of being dual driver. (! balanced armature, 1 dynamic)

I have the Altec iM716 and JBL reference 220 available for demo, you might want to add the Goldring GX-200 in your list too.

You could alternatively get the ibasso T1 or T2 ( advertise a bit lol ) which has the bass switch, match with a bassier interconnect ( possible to get below $30) and instant bass enhancement. By the way, the iM716 would only sound good with amping.

I used to have the d-jays and I don't recall they sound even close to bassy.

HK EP730 looks almost like the iM716 but sounds a little more aggressive in the bass mode BUT i prefer the highs and mids of the iM716.

Great! Would wana make a trip down to try it out. Goldring GX200.... seldom heard of it. I read too that im716 sound better with a amp... cant wait to try.

Sorry i still dont know how to have muti quotes into one thread. Superfi5EB ....... hmmm Bass king?! I think it will also be heavy on my wallet too. :sweat: Like subwoofer then wouldnt it overwhelm the other sounds? I'll definitely give this a try.... thanks!

hmmm.. but superfi5EB seems to be only good after burn-in (that's what i heard), yup, so dont cast your impressions of it too soon, maybe you have to try a burned-in one. :)

>>> "I have the j-Jays & find the bass fairly good but not thumping, subwoofer deep though. For that you should try out the earphones that come with the Motorola SoundPilot Bluetooth Stereo headset." <<< - Flightlight

Try with bluetooth headset??? Why?

>>>"hmmm.. but superfi5EB seems to be only good after burn-in (that's what i heard), yup, so dont cast your impressions of it too soon, maybe you have to try a burned-in one."<<< - aloy

i got to ask the people SE for a burn-in one then.

>>>"How about the Mylar2 /XB? Those are rather bassy to right? But the superfi5EBs have the added advantage of being dual driver. (! balanced armature, 1 dynamic)" <<< - nofing

Thanks. i already got a Mylar1 so i wana try other brands.

Edited by sleepyhello

>>> "I have the j-Jays & find the bass fairly good but not thumping, subwoofer deep though. For that you should try out the earphones that come with the Motorola SoundPilot Bluetooth Stereo headset." <<< - Flightlight

Try with bluetooth headset??? Why?

No I mean the original earphones that came with my Motorola headset are VERY bassy. ;)

I just sold the last GX-200 to another basshead but I still have the demo set for you to try.

Thanks for the update. :D May drop by this weekend.

For bassy headphones, let's have a throw up between the Beyerdynamics DTX50 and the UE super.fi 5 EB. I've honestly only heard the DTX50 and it well sounds very bassy so much so I couldn't use it for more than one track. (I'm not a bassy person but for the sake of this thread we'll see.)