Sign in to follow this  
sleepyhello

Feedback & recommendation (Bassy earphones)

For bassy headphones, let's have a throw up between the Beyerdynamics DTX50 and the UE super.fi 5 EB. I've honestly only heard the DTX50 and it well sounds very bassy so much so I couldn't use it for more than one track. (I'm not a bassy person but for the sake of this thread we'll see.)

Ya that would be good. Saw this month stuff magazine they did compare DTX-50, CX300, GX200, AT & another one i cant remember. Editor chose DTX-50. I think i narrow down to these few > wana compare the IM716 & GX200 against DTX-50 & UE superfi5 EB. Lets see how would it turn up. hehe..... BASS. (d-jays & v-moda vibe?)

Edited by sleepyhello

Wow if even the DTX-50 is not bassy enough, probably only the superfi5EB is going to be able to satisfy you.

Haha! My friend another basshead bought the DTX-50. I find it quite punchy and doesnt drown out the other sound. I wana hear how the other earphones sound of coz i dont want the bass to be too overwhelming. Superfi5EB afraid it will be out of my budget (unless my ear love it?!??!) :shocking:

Edited by sleepyhello

Wow if even the DTX-50 is not bassy enough, probably only the superfi5EB is going to be able to satisfy you.

Finally went to test the earphones. Tried the IM716(with T1), GX200, JBL 220 & sf5EB. IM716 is really harder to drive. I got to max my A2 to get the vol (the vol control is also max). The GX200 sound to me almost like the V-moda vibe with bass slightly muddy. On the JBL 220 the bass is sharp doesnt mudder up the others.... then comes the sf5eb my ears likes them! bass slightly not as sharp as JBL 220 but the low you can hear it. So in the end like knicker said i bought the sf5eb.

My take on these IEMs (choice then follow by>)

sf5eb>JBL220>DTX-50>/GX200/V-moda vibe. (Didnt try the CX300)

Edited by sleepyhello

EBs make a good buy especially since they're the only dual drivers of the lot. Enjoy your purchase!

Thanks! Im enjoying every minutes with it. :grin:

Edited by sleepyhello

haha. for the EBs, wait till you hear them after the burn in. heard it's much much better than it is when it's just out of the box. :)

Thanks aloy. Forgot to ask how much is the replacement cable anyone knows? I read around that the cable is stiffer than usual.

Edited by sleepyhello

its a memory cable to help you achieve a better fit and comfort and also to reduce microphonics, the stiff cables near the earphone will conform to your ear, forming a good fit :))

its a memory cable to help you achieve a better fit and comfort and also to reduce microphonics, the stiff cables near the earphone will conform to your ear, forming a good fit :))

Hi mrhobbit thanks to your suggestion on sf5eb. You have any idea is the stiff cable near the ear is sleeved/laminated (the transparent type)or blank? How much is the cable? I love the white version but too bad dont have the white one already.

is the stiff cable thing the one on the sf5pro? maybe you're referring to the memory cable?

if it is, the wire is just the same, just that they added a piece of very flexible metal there so that you can bend it to the shape you want.

is the stiff cable thing the one on the sf5pro? maybe you're referring to the memory cable?

if it is, the wire is just the same, just that they added a piece of very flexible metal there so that you can bend it to the shape you want.

Ya the memory cable is it laminated/sleveed with a transparent tube or blank? DIY?

Edited by sleepyhello

huh? it's sleeved with a transparent tube just like the rest of the cables. it's the same as the normal cables, just added with a piece of flexible metal inside the tube, beside the wires for you to bend it.

huh? it's sleeved with a transparent tube just like the rest of the cables. it's the same as the normal cables, just added with a piece of flexible metal inside the tube, beside the wires for you to bend it.

No i mean like the picture>

IPB Image

the memory cable there is sleeved with a transparent tube. Does it comes like this? Coz mine is without the transparent tube.

Edited by sleepyhello

sorry. mine are the sf5pros. looks like it's a bit different from this.

hmmm... does yours have the memory cable? is it stiff so that you can bend it? if not, you can call up SE or Jaben to ask the availability and price of the wire.