Sign in to follow this  
sleepyhello

Feedback & recommendation (Bassy earphones)

To clear some confusion here.

The 5EB sleepy got was replaced with version 2 wires and version 2 UE case.

I think he's confused with the version 1 and 2, the version1 wire is thinner with a clear plastic tube covering the metal wire ( memory wire), version 2 is thicker with the metal wire inside the black pvc insulation.

To clear some confusion here.

The 5EB sleepy got was replaced with version 2 wires and version 2 UE case.

I think he's confused with the version 1 and 2, the version1 wire is thinner with a clear plastic tube covering the metal wire ( memory wire), version 2 is thicker with the metal wire inside the black pvc insulation.

Thanks for clearing my doubt. I was thinking to myself too>is it the different version thats why the diff.

Edited by sleepyhello

as long as the memory cable works, it should be alright already. as in as long as it can bend and stuff, it should work fine, regardless of the transparent tubing.

Yep, the lite2 cable is shipped with all new UE phones. looks better too. think they cost bout $35. not cheap so don't replace them unnecessarily or unless you fancy another colour to go with your outfit or something. lol

lol. dont be surprised, some people use headphones and earphones as a fashion item. lol.

Pardon me as im still new to UE stuff & also my 1st replaceable cable IEM. Love it. Ya like what aloy said headphones & earphones as fashion items. Like headphones being use as hairband saw it once, a woman was using px100/200 2 in 1 use.

So the entire cable is call lite2 cable coz it version 2? $35 for one ic...

omg, im also looking for a portable IEM or headphone that has the same strong bass like the k518dj but smaller sized that it....i tried the mylar3, creative ep630 n dtx50 before, but find all not bassy enough.....would this superfi-eb be the ONE? or should i look at other smaller sized bassy headphones, how bout k26p? is that bassy enough? i've recently realized i liked bass alot more now since getting the k518dj.

For those who are interested to find out more about the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5EB, I have quoted an abstract from HeadphoneHaven.

Hi all,

In fact I have not touched my Super.Fi 5 EB until lately. About 5 days ago, i tried on my 5EB once again unamped. The sound was boomy and like Theory87 has said, the bass overlays to the trebles and highs.

I continued to use them for casual listenings at night (lullaby) over the next few days. It was 2 days ago when I discovered my Super.Fi 5 EBs seemed to changed its characteristics.

In the first moments, I thought my ears were playing tricks on me or it was the results or flaws when I ran the 5 EB unamped. However, I did not remember the Super.Fi 5 EBs to achieve the tamed characteristics as a Bassy Earphone.

So today when I met Ryner for lunch, I lent my 5 EBs for audition to check if he could tell the difference. He did noticed the change. I also shared the 5 EBs when I stepped into Jaben this afternoon with Theory_87 and mrhobbit to 'double-check' on their players and music. They turnt out the same.

Notes for the readers;

The Super.Fi 5 EBs was not a burn-in to be achieved overnights. I actually attempted a period of burn-in over a few days and regular use of an hour or two a day. Be patient and enjoy throughout the process of the burn-in.

I estimate the total burn-in duration to be more than 150 hours with regular listening.

I would also advice users of 5EB to load high bitrate music for the best enjoyment.

Have fun to all!

Photographs to go with it:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

*Please note that the photographs were taken with Lite1 cables at the point of time.

Edited by zonalblitz_audio

thx...anyway found a cheap but quite good one too, JVC FX-33 Marshmallows....but i think i might be looking at Mylar XB soon too...

There's XBi now. You might want to audition it to see if it works out for you. :)