Sign in to follow this  
adhoc

dt880 cord change photos

Oh fer cryin' out loud! That's gotta hurt! Not so sure about the pictures but I guess I agree somewhat with Wortel!

Wow! Hats off to U adhoc for the bravery in this mod job and the comprehensive step-by-step procedures photo.gif ...........and a little salute to your stupidity resulting in a "Purple heart". doctor.gif

Btw, I think this thread ought to replace "DT880 cord change chronicle" on the stickies, what say U your highness and fellow mods?

Good Idea Mack - I'm all for fewer threads so that went people do a search they get the most relevant results.

Adhoc,

I give you a Silver Star instead of a Purple Heart (mainly for the injury). You have a very "clean" work station BTW. I still would have prefered a Y cord BTW but Silver Star nevertheless.

beyer.gif

y-cord was considered, but too messy IMO for me. smile.gif

also, the extra weight would be quite noticeable. happy.gif

but still, i'm seriously considering a y-cord change for other headphones.. if only i could get my hands on some mogami 3106.. not avail in s'pore.. mad.gif

oh and thank you mackie and rameish for the awards. holiday.gifyes.gif it's really really really easy to get distracted and do stupid things while soldering. trust me! lol.gif gerG from head-fi was just telling me how he would burn his face while wiping sweat off it while holding his iron and wallijonn from head-fi also mentioned that he's had hot solder splatter into his eyes before.. laugh.gif now THAT must hurt.

ohmy.gif

Update on my CMOY parts checklist:

- full face Goggles!

- Mechanix Gloves!

- Overalls!

hmm... better make that:

- fireman's hat!

- steel toe capped shoes!

ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

Update on my CMOY parts checklist:

- full face Goggles!

- Mechanix Gloves!

- Overalls!

hmm... better make that:

- fireman's hat!

- steel toe capped shoes!

ohmy.gif

I think a well lighted (white light) table that the legs can rest under and a soldering iron holder would be much better. innocent.gif

oei! no hijacking of this thread for OT discussion! dry.gif

this thread is linked from a 'stickified' thread, and so do remember that all posts will be there for all members of sgheadphones, present and future ones, to see! wink.gif

Edited by adhoc

Congrats on some fine (allthough dodgy in some parts) work. laugh.gif

I laggeed my mate hard to get those pics. laugh.gif