WatUp

New player from creative

Today, creative has announced a new ZEN player. It's a flash based player allowing support for non protected itunes music. What's best is that the player has an expansion slot. Seems like there are more flash player out in the market now~!

IPB Image

http://creative.com/products/product.asp?c...4&product=16999

http://www.epizenter.net/comment.php?comment.news.321

People, the price for 4/8/16 GB will be as of S$ 249/349/499. 16GB will be released later than 4/8GB .

Source: Zaobao Business 2007/08/30 Pg28 ( there is a picture with a cutie holding the player! :grin: )

p.s. sadly, from the last paragraph of the article, it seemed that THIS will be the flagship model for IFA Berlin. so according to my understanding of the paragraph, it means that there might not be any other more impressive players coming out tentatively ( i might be wrong, hopefully)

If you're into flash without much need for a big screen, this is an awesome DAP featurewise.

But sad to say, the IFA Creative has just passed a few hours ago and the Zen is their flagship. So no Creative HDD dap to replace the ZVM. :(

But maybe somebody here would like to try the Creative Live headphones for the team to see if its worth it . :D

i just hope the SQ won't be disappointing. maybe even match up to the rivers or cowons. looks like it's got everything in terms of specs that you could want. now we all just gotta wait for that which you can't put under specifications >.< ^^

Edited by athenaesword

Cannot use the zen vision m lineout dock. So it'll be like the zen micro with a mini usb port for data transfer and charging. The good is a widely available usb cable instead of the proprietary connector. The bad is well, no lineout.

Also, Creative has been producing pretty good headphone out thus far so the zen shouldn't disappoint, hopefully.

I feel that creative sound quality is is more feeling than ipod's one. The ipod's SQ sounds more hollow, is this because i have been using Ipod for a long time so a change just sounds better?? Anyone feel the same?

I feel that creative sound quality is is more feeling than ipod's one. The ipod's SQ sounds more hollow, is this because i have been using Ipod for a long time so a change just sounds better?? Anyone feel the same?

i compared a 320kbps mp3 compressed by itune(mp3lame sux) on zen against apple lossless on ipod 6 gen useing headphone out... the definition of the songs is slightly better in ipod(could be due to lossless). but overall SQ zen is better... the sound from ipod is like a inverted pearl shape.. where it does slightly better in the upper frequency but lacks more in the lower frequency when u compared it with zen.. zen has the warm and solid sound(which may give better feelings to some). All the comparison is done with UE triple fi iem.. :-)

Edited by PPkiller